Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Google seems to rely on using your key words as they relate to trending searches and favoured (paid or expected based on history or hits) results. Key words as search terms no longer seem to exist objectively.

The old web stuff that up until even 3 years ago was easily traversed through google is gone. We're all dinosaurs here so I guess we notice it more than most.

Like others have said, its now much easier to go to specific domains to use internal searches (even including Google/Alphabet owed stuff) to find stuff rather than rely on the goog.

Its a popular search engine with a market monopoly. Its no longer designed for data retrieval, just generating hits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Google+ lmao

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

mediaphage posted:

in 2020 2/3 of all google searches resulted in no clicks on results:

I'm feeling lucky!

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

I will say that modern Google search is a font of unintentional comedy when you search for places or establishments.

The q/a sections always own.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

I was just trying to remember what the insignia for a cult looked like. Now I want to go to the zoo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

hifi posted:

i searched for xxx tony hawk the other day and it got what i wanted. looks like google has made a few steps forward.

Were you thinking of BMX XXX ?