Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka
is there any stupid open source project where I can build my own search engine? one that I just add a list of sites I like or a blog I once read or cool YouTube channels too and it will periodically crawl them and I can search for stuff I vaguely remember without any seo / nazi bullshit showing up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka

mediaphage posted:

this is called rss

but there are plenty of tutorials on writing your own web crawlers too

not really tho as rss isn’t going to capture some blog post from 5 years ago and I can already write a web crawler. kinda want an off the shelf type deal that runs a local host webpage with easy functionality.