Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
mostly if im looking for something i just ask my online pals and someone usually has it bookmarked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

i switched to apple maps after goog navigation told me to "turn right at the Starbucks"

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

like can you even just try to pretend you're not selling my location to everyone? thanks

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

lampey posted:

sign out

this is the best advice in the thread so far

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

mediaphage posted:

in 2020 2/3 of all google searches resulted in no clicks on results:

i think this is more because goog has been moving more and more content into the search results page itself, not because search gives bad results.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

mediaphage posted:

i do think an issue it shows is that google is basically profiting off of the work of content producers who often won't get click through traffic as a result

it absolutely shows this, esp wrt wikipedia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

President Beep posted:

Q: Can I use this widget in this configuration given this variable? This web resource I found suggests yes, but the actual product specification sheet indicates otherwise.

A: i dont kno

this is my all time favorite right behind people who give products a 4 star review because, despite breaking the first time they were used, they were packed well and got there fast.