Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Thanks for all the really good advice guys.

I went ahead and set another trap before bed last night. This morning there was a dead mouse in it.

However, I still haven't found the original trap. I'm going to take a bunch of stuff out of the closet today and see if I can find the sucker.

I know originally we were all worried that I was in danger of the angry mouse family, BUT... What if I am the monster they tell they're children about? What if I....am (mouse) legend?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Big enough rat can just walk off with trap attached. Probably dying a horrible, drawn out and agonising rat death in your walls.

In other words, you're a monster, OP.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

They've taken it back for reverse engineering! Soon the troops of XCOM* will be armed with high tech spring loaded ballistas!

*Extremely Cool Operations Mice.

Jove Tone
Jan 12, 2006

I think it's still bow season for mice make sure to tag out!

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Harvey Mantaco posted:

This was me at my zenith

I'd like to hear more about the rat infested office and old lady

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(

Aardvark! posted:

I'd like to hear more about the rat infested office and old lady

It was in the north, we weren't sleeping very well because we'd have weeks of day then weeks of night. Sometimes there'd be a bear alarm and you'd have to hide in a truck or nearby trailer (office), but it would usually be a moose wandering through the camp. My office buddy was this fearless but absolutely insane old Chinese woman who didn't seem to believe in bears. You'd talk about bear safety and she'd just laugh at the idea of being worried about an adorable bear. She would say Chinese people aren't afraid of bears. "If I see one I'll give him a hug." We were all worried she was going to be killed and eaten by bears because she was honestly pretty reckless so when the alarm went off everyone would start desperately searching for her. One time we couldn't find her and they had a helicopter looking (I was told this, didn't see it, but there was a search party for her at least) for her but she was just asleep on the shitter for like the entire day but no one knew because she had her feet up on the TP dispenser so she could nap in peace.
They were company moccasins to keep the floor clean and not walk around in your boots, I preferred them to the boot covers.
There were a lot of deer mice.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I feel like this explanation creates more questions than answers

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
Someone heard you just got back...

https://i.imgur.com/vHl7ISo.mp4

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Harvey Mantaco posted:

It was in the north, we weren't sleeping very well because we'd have weeks of day then weeks of night. Sometimes there'd be a bear alarm and you'd have to hide in a truck or nearby trailer (office), but it would usually be a moose wandering through the camp. My office buddy was this fearless but absolutely insane old Chinese woman who didn't seem to believe in bears. You'd talk about bear safety and she'd just laugh at the idea of being worried about an adorable bear. She would say Chinese people aren't afraid of bears. "If I see one I'll give him a hug." We were all worried she was going to be killed and eaten by bears because she was honestly pretty reckless so when the alarm went off everyone would start desperately searching for her. One time we couldn't find her and they had a helicopter looking (I was told this, didn't see it, but there was a search party for her at least) for her but she was just asleep on the shitter for like the entire day but no one knew because she had her feet up on the TP dispenser so she could nap in peace.
They were company moccasins to keep the floor clean and not walk around in your boots, I preferred them to the boot covers.
There were a lot of deer mice.

I love your old lady

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020

Agent Escalus posted:

If you’re the Tom in this situation try not to dwell on the fact that Jerry usually comes out ahead. Just be at peace with your fate of being outwitted by the mouse. Or just do the cartoon thing and burn the house down in hopes that you catch the mouse in the flames.

Mouse noob spotted

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

too bad the op's posts didn't disappear when he came back

Prism Mirror Lens
Oct 9, 2012

~*"The most intelligent and meaning-rich film he could think of was Shaun of the Dead, I don't think either brain is going to absorb anything you post."*~

:chord:
op do you know what it smells like when a dead rat stuck somewhere in your walls/floor starts rotting? You’re about to find out

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Prism Mirror Lens posted:

op do you know what it smells like when a dead rat stuck somewhere in your walls/floor starts rotting? You’re about to find out

That's my biggest concern.

A few years ago had a mouse die in the guts of our dryer. I had to take the machine outside and remove the steel cowling to get that little rotten sucker out.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

I hope you're ready to reincarnate as a mouse op

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Applewhite posted:

Obviously kill the firstborn mouse children of every mouse family in your house.

That's how you end up with "I'm the seventh mouse of a seventh mouse" scenario...

The solution, you fools, is to befriend a cruel, one-eyed rat with a accent, possibly french? He will be your right-hand rat. He will be your first line, your last line, your ONLY line of protection.

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

eat the mouse op

Jove Tone
Jan 12, 2006

Mice are actually very christ-like, this is helped by their naturally humble nature. In the Bible God sends 42 mice to devour a child who called a priest "wicked dumb". For their bravery God gave the mice lil'whiskers which they still have to this very day.

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
A moccasin, stamping on a mouse --- forever.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Unfortunately every winter we get a few mice that invade our kitchen and both my wife and I are little tiny babies when it comes to setting the traditional traps because we're convinced we'll lose a finger or some poo poo, idk.

Anyway this year I bought a 10 pack of this kind:

...loving owns. SO easy to bait and set. If you need 'em, just get these. They work great, we caught 2 meeces easily and no more issues this year.

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Big Beef City posted:

Unfortunately every winter we get a few mice that invade our kitchen and both my wife and I are little tiny babies when it comes to setting the traditional traps because we're convinced we'll lose a finger or some poo poo, idk.

Anyway this year I bought a 10 pack of this kind:

...loving owns. SO easy to bait and set. If you need 'em, just get these. They work great, we caught 2 meeces easily and no more issues this year.

How did you prepare the mice after the harvest?

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
how do you resist the urge to stick your dick in the trap

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Aardvark! posted:

Imp of the Perverse as double entendre.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
Some night you're gonna wake up and stagger to the bathroom, not turning on the light because you don't want to wake yourself up too much. You'll sit down on the toilet, and then you'll find out exactly what that mouse did with the trap. Mice are vindictive, and they don't forget.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Help I trapped a moose by accident and its getting mad!!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

If it's any kind of sweet dessert moose I can help, but not if it's like a salmon moose.

Master J Plus
Apr 20, 2010

by Hand Knit
Hi 'in trouble', I'm Dad.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Aardvark! posted:

I gently caress the trap

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

I still haven't found the mouse, or the trap. I'm going to have to remove everything from the utility closet I guess.

In addition to mouse trouble, I had two birds fly down my chimney into my wood burning stove which stirred up a bunch of ashes so that was great.

The birds are fine, I grabbed them and put them back outside. I'll now have to climb up on the roof and see what happened to the screen on my chimney.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
I think the answer is to embrace all the animals coming into your house and sing songs to them like Snow White

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Have any bats made their way down the chimney?

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Full Metal Jackass posted:

Have any bats made their way down the chimney?

no and it's getting lonely in here :smith:

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

FOUND IT!

I emptied out the entire closet and found the empty trap under a shelf.

No blood, no mouse parts.

The bastard escaped.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

I carry a roll of twist tie material and attach every rat trap I set to either beams in the attic or a table leg or something to avoid the rat dragging the trap someplace inaccessible and stinking for three weeks. With T Rex traps you rarely don’t get a clean kill but better safe than sorry.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Szyznyk posted:

I carry a roll of twist tie material and attach every rat trap I set to either beams in the attic or a table leg or something to avoid the rat dragging the trap someplace inaccessible and stinking for three weeks. With T Rex traps you rarely don’t get a clean kill but better safe than sorry.

That's a good idea. I use those victor traps and it's usually a mouse slaughter when winter comes around.

They've got a metal loop on one end so I'll start tying them.

Halloween Liker
Oct 31, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
The "dice" have rolled, Jacks and Danny Boy have to go "left" goo luck.

"Dave Perkele" is RED doors, only.

The rest dimes are GO and side hug is live

Halloween Liker
Oct 31, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTBlKRzNf74

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
Yeah, always anchor your traps somehow. I have a some old iron railroad spikes that are probably half a pound each. Use a bit of wire to attach them to the trap. Not pounded into the deck or anything, just some dead weight to add to the trap. Those little buggers do not get to run off.

Halloween Liker
Oct 31, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
This person is in touble

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Just release some mouse eating snakes idk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Liker
Oct 31, 2020