Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Me as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

I got embarrassed irl.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

So that shirt did whip rear end.

I'll buy it and bleed on it as I do things that cause me to bleed.

Like bleeding.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

MorrisBae posted:

No, you see, that was the Greatest Show of All Time

-Very Smart Mods

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Kirios posted:

If I ever see that shirt IRL I'm going to laugh so, so loving hard at that person.

everything about it rules but ok you do you lol

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Need it to be clear that everything but the last 90 seconds of the show whipped poo poo

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

AEW (No) Dynamite

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
even Rey Mysterio and Seth Rollins gotta be like "wait, that was the ending?"

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

NienNunb posted:

Need it to be clear that everything but the last 90 seconds of the show whipped poo poo

The pyro guy gets a lifetime achievement award in loving up, show was real good up until it got real funny.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
They could always reveal Renee paid off the explosives guy due to you know, husband, having a baby etc.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
The last time I laughed this hard at non-comedy wrestling was when Matt Sydal debuted with SSP on his tron and immediately botched a Shooting Star Press

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

NienNunb posted:

Absolutely agree. Too bad the last 90 seconds is going to be the lasting legacy of this PPV.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

I've already gone through several stages of being incredibly embarrassed to feeling bad to laughing and cycling through them it rules lmao

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Honestly I was surprised the ropes pyro looked as good as it did. The “triple hell” explosions were about what I was expecting.

I was also expecting them to just flash some lights at the camera to blow out the CCDs for a split second and release some smoke.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

karmicknight posted:

The pyro guy gets a lifetime achievement award in loving up, show was real good up until it got real funny.

"I knew we shouldn't have hired the guy who did undertaker's pyro for elimination chamber 2010..."

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

AEW needs to stop tripping over its own dick when it comes to production. They've got amazing talent and good booking. But it all goes out the window when poo poo like this happens.

Those loving sparklers are going to be all anyone remember from this, or at least it will be the very first thing everyone remembers. It's the climax of the main event! I can't tell you a thing about WM31 except Seth cashing in and swinging the belt around his head like a madman.

The audio issues have been going on since the beginning. The camera work is regressing, unless I don't remember the pre-COVID shows well enough. JR should not have been on tonight, and really should be phased out and only used for big matches or stuff up his alley like the dog collar match. The Hardy-Guevara match not being called off after that spot was piss poor management. Call an audible. Which is what they should have done tonight.

I like AEW very much. I don't love it, because stuff that isn't pre-taped keeps feeling like amateur hour.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Power Windows posted:

AEW needs to stop tripping over its own dick when it comes to production. They've got amazing talent and good booking. But it all goes out the window when poo poo like this happens.

Those loving sparklers are going to be all anyone remember from this, or at least it will be the very first thing everyone remembers. It's the climax of the main event! I can't tell you a thing about WM31 except Seth cashing in and swinging the belt around his head like a madman.

The audio issues have been going on since the beginning. The camera work is regressing, unless I don't remember the pre-COVID shows well enough. JR should not have been on tonight, and really should be phased out and only used for big matches or stuff up his alley like the dog collar match. The Hardy-Guevara match not being called off after that spot was piss poor management. Call an audible. Which is what they should have done tonight.

I like AEW very much. I don't love it, because stuff that isn't pre-taped keeps feeling like amateur hour.

they need to replace Keith Mitchell

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I'm laughing at this like the guy at the end of Mouth of Madness. Like all you can do is laugh lol. loving hell

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

calling it now AEW is going to do 1 million+ viewers on Wednesday because of this botch

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Shard posted:

I'm laughing at this like the guy at the end of Mouth of Madness. Like all you can do is laugh lol. loving hell

I posted a gif of that in the other thread, some times the best thing you can do is just laugh at something.

IDONTPOST
Apr 18, 2018

all of you who are laughing at this are sick individuals there is nothing funny about this situation whatsoever!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

everything about it rules but ok you do you lol

Yeah I bought that shirt and don't regret it at all. It looks loving dope.

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/jonmoxIeys/status/1368791776941727749

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Senerio posted:

The last time I laughed this hard at non-comedy wrestling was when Matt Sydal debuted with SSP on his tron and immediately botched a Shooting Star Press

Master Wato

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
I'm sure they'll somehow try to spin gold out of it and maybe they can make it work. But man oh man you can't make too many fuckups like that one.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Sydal was funnier imho because it was 100% on him

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Power Windows posted:

You typed everything I was going to say. Minus that I do love it still.

poo poo happens. Happens to every single company.

Being in the public though like they are though, AEW has to tighten up moving forward. Sound, production, social media. They’re big enough now that they can go hire some more skilled professionals here and replace some of the people they grabbed Day 1 when they weren’t established.

Just gotta tighten up. That way when poo poo happens (it will), maybe it’ll be less than what does happen and to eliminate risk with the number of amateur moves they make.

They’re up against an incredible competitor and if they want to play in that sandbox, they can improve here and get even better than how great they already are.

Edit: The camerawork is regressing. The camerawork is regressing. The camerawork is regressing. Please step it up AEW friends!!!

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Daunte Vicknabb posted:

I'm sure they'll somehow try to spin gold out of it and maybe they can make it work. But man oh man you can't make too many fuckups like that one.

Jokes aside, this is my thought process as well. They've got the right guys - Omega, Moxley and Kingston to recover from this. But this is gonna be something that gets brought up for the next..3-5 years I'd say. They'll need to continue to produce a fantastic product (and the vast majority of it is fantastic) to distance themselves from it.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Eddie Kingston running out to reedem himself by saving his good friend Jon Moxley is the greatest moment in the history of wrestling and I refuse to hear any arguments

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Daunte Vicknabb posted:

They could make fun of it for another month like Titus Worldslide

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Penguin Patrol posted:

Eddie Kingston running out to reedem himself by saving his good friend Jon Moxley is the greatest moment in the history of wrestling and I refuse to hear any arguments

nonono I agree sparklers can give you a burn if you keep your hand on them Kingston knows how much Moxley loves violence and wanted to make sure he didn't need to take a ice bath after the match.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Ringo Roadagain posted:

calling it now AEW is going to do 1 million+ viewers on Wednesday because of this botch

Controver$y Create$ Ca$h

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
- Britt/Itoh vs Rosa/Riho was good fun. I still think it deserved Miro & Kip vs OC & Chuck's spot. I hoped it would be Itoh. I'm happy she'll be having a Dynamite match too.
- Bucks/MJFicho was good. Not the best of the Bucks, but that's fine because it's time to get this MJF/Jericho split on the road.
- Tag battle royale was a battle royale which I almost never enjoy. I can admit I got suckered into thinking GoD would appear. Bucks/Death Triangle is likely to slap and I'll always come alive for Fenix. Solid middle.
- Shida/Mizunami ruled. All the worst people are sandbagging it for ??? reasons. I thought it was a fun watch.
- I like Miro looking like a monster. I hope the angle here is an end to him and Kip.
- Hangman/Matt turned out to be much better than I expected. That Buckshot was super hype. Good match.
- Scorpio Sky is boring. I've never seen Ethan Page before. I think he looked good though. I hate the mid-match nap spot. Crowd booed Cody and rightfully so. It's lame. Hopefully Sky can give Darby a good title defense and we can get to the next program.
- The cinematic match turned out to be awesome. Great presentation. No spooky stuff. Hell of a lot of fun once Hook and Hobbs showed up. This would be the most talked about thing to me if not for...
- That main event. God drat heart breaker. I'm in shambles. So fun and exciting until that ending killed the whole PPV. Crowd booed. TK, Kenny, and the rest must be furious.

And Christian is cool, but we probably should've done more than clipboard appearance. Paul Wight didn't even come out.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

outside it being hilarious i don't care that it happened now 30 min later, i can't even fathom giving a poo poo outside of "that was funny lmao" in the future

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Oh, also my son had to go to bed before the Exploding Barbedwire Deathmatch so he hasn't seen it.

I can't wait to show it to him, he was so hyped.

And Mox using the explosion to get out of a pinfall continues to be a great moment.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
If only the guy who did pyro tonight
And the guy who did pyro on the night
That Cody's dog lost his poo poo
Could swap places...
They might both still have their jobs.

Riotgrrill
Sep 3, 2004

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

outside it being hilarious i don't care that it happened now 30 min later, i can't even fathom giving a poo poo outside of "that was funny lmao" in the future

not caremad

not at all

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/1368796928562069507

yikes

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Right. And I think AEW rolling with it helps that. If they kept resetting the clock and going no dudes it was a huge explosion dont you all remember it would stay a fresh memory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

dont really see the yikes here but i guess you are just conditioned to make terrible posts regardless of the thread.