Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

Seams posted:

That part can kinda just be ignored, but you can't ignore the patheticness of the sparklers and explosions. That's the thing everyone will remember more than Kingston's selling.

I think at the end of the day AEW has three options:
1) pretend the explosions actually WERE incredibly dangerous bombs that almost killed mox and eddie
2) completely ignore the end ever happened - focus on the bell to bell action. it was after all an incredibly violent spectacle and mox and kenny's work here shouldn't be ignored anyway.
3) try and work the limp ending into whatever story they had planned to begin with.

I think option 3 is the best option, but that's just me. If they're gonna go with Eddie vs Omega they kind of have to go with 3 because Eddie wasn't involved in the bell to bells stuff.

I feel like Moxley killed off #1. They could have literally CGI'd it and said it was a better camera angle. The fans who love them would just go "lol whatever" (like they're going to do with whatever they decide to do) and went with it while laughing (and the people who dislike AEW were going to ignore this or complain no matter what), but with the #1 face of the group having said that the explosion was cheesy, that has to be the reality now, no matter what.

I think that they can do somewhat of a hybrid of #2 and #3. There was some brutal looking poo poo. Using that in highlights will be better. Then they can, whether it's through Eddie giving one hell of an explanation, and/or quickly explaining the hole that the great fizzle created in the narrative and moving on from it, go on to the next beat.

I've never witnessed it outside of fiction, but people do pass out from fear. That's not a tough guy wrestler thing to do exactly, but it was a bomb, so it's not as if anyone has to react in a stoic tough guy way. And, for that matter, covering up a guy to protect him while risking death is enough of a tough guy thing to avoid having Eddie lose any credibility for passing out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!

Seams posted:

That part can kinda just be ignored, but you can't ignore the patheticness of the sparklers and explosions. That's the thing everyone will remember more than Kingston's selling.

I think at the end of the day AEW has three options:
1) pretend the explosions actually WERE incredibly dangerous bombs that almost killed mox and eddie
2) completely ignore the end ever happened - focus on the bell to bell action. it was after all an incredibly violent spectacle and mox and kenny's work here shouldn't be ignored anyway.
3) try and work the limp ending into whatever story they had planned to begin with.

I think option 3 is the best option, but that's just me. If they're gonna go with Eddie vs Omega they kind of have to go with 3 because Eddie wasn't involved in the bell to bells stuff.

#1 is actually the good option and they should just ignore what Mox said and go with it anyway.

also

bahahahaha

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Crapple! posted:

The explosions being poo poo isn't the problem so much as the selling of the explosions. Not that it's Eddie's fault. He was just doing his job/what he was told to do. But that's the part where I think this becomes creatively unsolvable. You just have to pretend he didn't do it I guess.

I had to watch it on mute for reasons and so what i saw was Eddie lying on Mox before four sprinklers went off on each corner like a bait and switch.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
They 100% absolutely should have cut the show a minute or two or five shorter after the final explosion, they should not have lingered on the aftermath for so long

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/theAdamPage/status/1368762025342627841

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo
Tony: WE'REOUTTAPYROSEEYOUONTHUNDER

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

A: fuckin lmao that ending

B: LARIATO with a perfectly appropriate retweet this morning

https://twitter.com/SirLARIATO/status/1296953335262646272

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Sanshiro Takagi truly is a visionary

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Lets go- ignite
Elements collide
And a flash of light
And you feel the b- *fizzle*

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

lol at the ending

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

One time I got this really expensive animatronic for Halloween and didn't test it before Trick or Treat, so I set it up in the yard and it didn't do anything. None of the sensors or automatic timers worked and, in my hubris, I had not given myself time to try and fix it. The children of my neighborhood were treated to a motionless scarecrow that night, not a demonic entity that would jump at them and make spooky noises. Since then I have created multiple backup plans in case the scarecrow's electronics fail again, all to avoid that embarrassing night from happening again.

Tony Khan I feel for you and would gladly share my knowledge with AEW, next year our exploding death match WILL work.

bartok
May 10, 2006

I thought it was a really fun show with a wet fart of an ending. They could have saved it by having Kenny come back out and laughing then cut a quick promo about how he's not a complete monster unlike you Jon.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I am extremely sad that I watched this very good thing but I can't stop thinking about how disappointing it was that a man didn't get exploded enough.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Hurtlocker Jones is all elite

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/KayfabeNews/status/1368920187718733824

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

"IT'S A GIRL"

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
God, it's funnier every time I see it. This is legitimately an all-time botch. It's even better than Matt Sydal shockmaster'ing his debut because you don't have to be afraid that someone just ended their career (either through humiliation or injury); the joke is how non-dangerous it was.

I hope that the dads of AEW like Arn Anderson had a bucket of water for Kenny to put his sparklers into after he was done playing.

surf rock fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Mar 8, 2021

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Royal Updog posted:

literally ended on a damp sqib

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

surf rock posted:

God, it's funnier every time I see it. This is legitimately an all-time botch.

It's just too beautiful, the sparklers man... why did there have to be sparklers.

And the presence of a countdown clock was just clutch.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

It really was a perfect setup for Kenny to come out and laugh, like I'm still shocked it wasn't intentional.

if the clouds of smoke around the ring had gone off first, and then the sparklers, maybe it would have looked better? But watching the sparklers go off first makes it so hilarious

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
The sparklers are the real Wtf thing here because like....they’re not bombs. They don’t look like explosions. They have less intensity than a regular Kane entrance. I’m just...not sure why you would include them at all!

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

Reposting from main thread:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMJUDomDH6w/?igshid=u1wrmtptm7pf

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
lol

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

I don't really know how planning these things works, but shouldn't they have an immediate go-to audible if the poo poo doesn't go off? Everyone's doing the fantasy booking of Omega coming out and MUAHAHAHAHA I GOT YOU, well why didn't he?

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

D.N. Nation posted:

I don't really know how planning these things works, but shouldn't they have an immediate go-to audible if the poo poo doesn't go off? Everyone's doing the fantasy booking of Omega coming out and MUAHAHAHAHA I GOT YOU, well why didn't he?

Kenny Omega thought he was Sans but he's actually Papyrus; tragic

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

D.N. Nation posted:

He was just blown up with a large devastating bomb and thus wasn't thinking clearly

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

ate a lot of shrimp

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

lmao

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i just had a thought

the way the sparklers on the ringposts went off, followed by the second explosion

the way it was timed, do you think the sparklers were supposed to be representative of a lit fuse?

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I watched the show and lol

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

a day later and I'm pretty much thinking it all owns now honestly

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Every single time I watch it it looks shittier and funnier

In its own way it's a miracle of pyrotechnic engineering

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

xbilkis posted:

Every single time I watch it it looks shittier and funnier

In its own way it's a miracle of pyrotechnic engineering

If this was intentional and they tried to go out of their way to engineer the precise amount of build up into underwhelmingness, they wouldnt get it this good in 100 tries.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

As long as they turn into the skid in a halfway good direction then nobody will give a poo poo in a week.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Metaphorically, you could say this explosion was like bringing in a legendary high flyer, having everyone cheer when he went to do his move, then having him immediately flop over like a fish instead. But that wouldn't happen on an AEW ppv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?
You'd expect a show called Dynamite on the TNT network to have some bigger booms in store

Pentas entrance had more flash, they have a whole fireworks setup they could've used. Put Moxley in the ring on Wednesday and hit him with that DX Pyro from summerslam 09