Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Class: War Magus
Portrait: 3
Name: Alastor
Dislikes: Mirrors, garlic, spoil-sports
Description: Alastor isn't actually a vampire, but that doesn't stop him; it's important to him that other people think he might be. He powders his face to affect a deathly pallor; he dyes his hair grey and speaks with an accent that no one can quite place but sounds menacing and upper class; never mind that he started his career as a clerk with too much time on his hands. He is quick to identify those who are easily gulled by his displays, and charms them either with his act or with his actual talents as a war magus in the field. Nothing would make him happier than to find that the dungeon has access to actual vampirism so he could stop pretending and become a real dark lord like he's only read in stories, but until then, he will play the part and be damned good at it.

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Mar 9, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Looking at the break down for Landies it doesn't look like it's worth making one even as a joke.

Unless that joke is "We trained him wrong."

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

theshim posted:

To this day I still find non-guaranteed conditional drops to be infuriating.

I hardly think you're alone in this.

Also, congrats to Alastor for being dead, just like his idols.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I will never understand how games like this keep making janked up formulas that result in a "do more damage" button actively making you do less damage.