Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Davros1 posted:

I mean, Adam Pierce is in the top ten of longest reigning NWA champions

This is the NWA thread, we respect Adam Pearce's contributions to professional wrestling such as:

+ idk his series with Colt Cabana that got hosed over by NWA politics/someone buying the belt.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I guess we know who the 2022 AEW Women's champ is

By my math, assuming that everyone with bad opinions who think Dr. Baker should win the belt and not be aggrieved for even longer, 2022 will be the year of either Yuna Mizumori, Mei Suruga, or (if the rumors are true) Maki itoh, as it would be an odd numbered title reign thus it would need an Emi Sakura trainee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Slash Rockabilly

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Are there actual rumors going around that Maki’s going to sign a deal and stick around?

Also, for NWA content, they added Chris Masters to this show they’re running in exchange for money that I don’t believe has any matches announced.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

karmicknight posted:

This is the NWA thread, we respect Adam Pearce's contributions to professional wrestling such as:

His NWA MSW time-limit draw with STRO, THE MAESTRO OF WRESTLING

ooh la la

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Slice Boogie has a terrible name but is actually a decent wrestler. He came out of Santino Brothers which was the top west coast wrestling school before it closed last year during the first state shelter in place order.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
What's weird is that Boogie Slice would be a cooler name than Slice Boogie.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Pinche Rudo posted:

Slice Boogie has a terrible name but is actually a decent wrestler. He came out of Santino Brothers which was the top west coast wrestling school before it closed last year during the first state shelter in place order.

Chop Jive

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

sticklefifer posted:

What's weird is that Boogie Slice would be a cooler name than Slice Boogie.

would it now

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
marginally

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Slice Boogie

Confirm/Deny?

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Power Windows posted:

gently caress off Tyrus

Slice Boogie

Marry Thunder Rosa
IDGI
Slice Rosa?

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

BrigadierSensible posted:

IDGI
Slice Rosa?

It's a gently caress Marry Kill bit

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Also, for NWA content, they added Chris Masters to this show they’re running in exchange for money that I don’t believe has any matches announced.

They've finally announced matches

A fourway with Crimson, Jax Dane, Slice Boogie and Jordan Clearwater

And the main event is :aronrex: challenging for the world title in honor of Jocephus

https://twitter.com/nwa/status/1371128991847837699

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Have we stopped pretending Aldis is good at anything except maybe being a husband to Mickie James?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gaz-L posted:

Have we stopped pretending Aldis is good at anything except maybe being a husband to Mickie James?

I think the extremely funny match with Mike Bennett finally convinced people he's just bad at everything wrestling related.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

I think the extremely funny match with Mike Bennett finally convinced people he's just bad at everything wrestling related.

Anyone who didn’t see this should watch it, it’s a nightmare

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Anyone who didn’t see this should watch it, it’s a nightmare

The only Nick Aldis match I have ever seen was his match at All In, which I'm convinced that Cody Rhodes carried. I thought it was a decent match.

Do I want to watch the Bennett match and ruin this perception of Nick Aldis as the epitome of mediocre champions?

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

You do not want to watch it because it is an NWA match.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

QED

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

zgrowler2 posted:

The only Nick Aldis match I have ever seen was his match at All In, which I'm convinced that Cody Rhodes carried. I thought it was a decent match.

Do I want to watch the Bennett match and ruin this perception of Nick Aldis as the epitome of mediocre champions?

I bring this up every time: The All In match is pretty bad (yes, it got over in the building, Cody Rhodes could literally have come out, laid down and went to sleep in the ring and that place would've gone nuts for him), and the biggest alarm bell for me is Cody literally has to figure four himself because Aldis just stands there completely unable to figure out how to do the spot for like 10 seconds while the hard cam is zoomed in on them.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I thought the match he had with Tim Storm was very good but maybe it was all 500-year-old teacher Mr. Storm

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

sticklefifer posted:

Slash Rockabilly

Mince Doowop.

Slice Boogie's character is just the Boogeyman except instead of worms he carries around a 2 liter of Orange Slice but everyone sells it with the same amount of fear and revulsion.

Zombie Lemur fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Mar 15, 2021

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Slice Boogie is from New York so he should just so a pizza related gimmick. Maybe tag with Luigi Primo

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

I guess we know who the 2022 AEW Women's champ is

Zicky Slice

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

Gaz-L posted:

I bring this up every time: The All In match is pretty bad (yes, it got over in the building, Cody Rhodes could literally have come out, laid down and went to sleep in the ring and that place would've gone nuts for him), and the biggest alarm bell for me is Cody literally has to figure four himself because Aldis just stands there completely unable to figure out how to do the spot for like 10 seconds while the hard cam is zoomed in on them.

god now I have to rewatch it to find that, missed it on initial viewing

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

Nick aldis is the lineal powerbomb.tv champion

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/nwa/status/1371521583509090306?s=20

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

https://twitter.com/briancervantes4/status/1371184576849186821?s=21
https://twitter.com/briancervantes4/status/1371174412603551746?s=21

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I really knocked it out of the park with the thread title then. NWA going for the gold.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Is brian's friends concern that NWA sucks poo poo?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Probably that they booked Tyrus if I had to guess.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Probably, she’s signed there for another 9 months (That’s Thunder Rosa’s husband, who is incredibly messy on Twitter).

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Does Brian have some problem with Kamille?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

https://twitter.com/CWFHMarquez/status/1372217359583174659?s=20

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Dave did something other than the racist Cornette defense recently right? I'm drawing a blank but there is something I remember with CWFH that was scummy.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/RealNickAldis/status/1372518908092157956

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooarT3cn8_o

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

loving lol forever

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
It's so funny that a guy with the gimmick of "suit wearing champion" can't bother to get his suit tailored.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

MassRafTer posted:

It's so funny that a guy with the gimmick of "suit wearing champion" can't bother to get his suit tailored.

more like "can't afford" lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

MassRafTer posted:

I don't know, having lots of different elements put together into one set that doesn't really work as a full set is fitting for the NWA these days. Got some good looking new stuff with the shirt and tie (Thunder Rosa and Serena Deeb), but it falls into the background because too much focus is on the bland suit (Aldis) with a black vest that is always lurking evilly in the background (Corgan).