Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
If Aldis only ever had to take pictures, he looks fine as a bland champion. Too bad he has to talk and wrestle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Bland isn’t a good enough word to describe Nick Aldis. He’s beyond bland.

I will never understand why anyone anywhere could look at him and think “yes, this is the wrestler to frame an entire promotion around”.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

more like "can't afford" lol

The pants are easy! He's married, he can go to his wife and Mickie James can tell him "do it yourself I have a real job, lol NWA."

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

History Comes Inside! posted:

I will never understand why anyone anywhere could look at him and think “yes, this is the wrestler to frame an entire promotion around”.

Maybe Billy Corgan thought he was signing Bram who as we all know will carry TNA into the future.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Angry_Ed posted:

Maybe Billy Corgan thought he was signing Bram who as we all know will carry TNA into the future.

They signed Thomas Latimer f/k/a Bram. He was a tag champion.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Yeah Bram IS signed to NWA. He’s one of the few remaining.

He is either married or engaged to Kamille.

Supposedly the guy has turned his life around and is a much better man than he once was (an extremely lovely human being).

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

History Comes Inside! posted:

Don't ever have to worry about him being signed up by another promotion

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Tato posted:

the Justin Credible path to becoming champion

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Marquez doing the production for NJPW strong would explain why it looks and sounds like poo poo

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Pinche Rudo posted:

Marquez doing the production for NJPW strong would explain why it looks and sounds like poo poo

lol

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Tato posted:

Congratulations, he will carry the NWA into the future.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Pinche Rudo posted:

I couldn’t believe my eyes when I tuned in for the Mox/Kenta match. It’s worse than what my local indie used to put out.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

NWA Powerrrrrrrrrrrrrr restarts tonight.

Alex Gracia and Skye Blue are going to be on it. Should be a lot of debuts tonight since they don’t have a roster at all, basically.

https://twitter.com/alexgracia3/status/1374415734701318147?s=21

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

And her too

https://twitter.com/jennacide000/status/1374475551247765509?s=21

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Velvet Sky is involved so I am excited for NWA Champion Bully Ray.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

Velvet Sky is involved so I am excited for NWA Champion Bully Ray.

Would he be better or worse than Nick Aldis?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

karmicknight posted:

Would he be better or worse than Nick Aldis?

Equally funny but the Aldis joke is getting old.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Fred Rosser, Parrow and Chris Adonis (Chris Masters) debuted.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
what if Bully Ray cuts Shane Douglas' promo from ECW but with only names who have won the belt since the Douglas promo?

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!
Oh, so the big move was to go off of youtube, and do weekly PPV episodes at $5/pop or only $5/month subscription.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
is Parrow good or is he just HUGE?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

smikey posted:

Oh, so the big move was to go off of youtube, and do weekly PPV episodes at $5/pop or only $5/month subscription.

If I'd heard good things about this return maybe I'd have given the show a shot on YouTube. Not with this model though.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Malcolm Excellent posted:

is Parrow good or is he just HUGE?

he’s getting better!

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

ICR posted:

Parrow debuted.

goddammit now I have to watch powerrrrrrrrrr

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Parrrrrow

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

smikey posted:

This didn't work for TNA in 2002, why does Billy think it will work in 2021?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Benne posted:

This didn't work for TNA in 2002, why does Billy think it will work in 2021?

he also thought zwan was a good idea

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

ICR posted:

Fred Rosser, Parrow and Chris Adonis (Chris Masters) debuted.

Fred Rosser is actually really really good, and light years beyond his Darren Young stuff. He's had some absolutely great matches on New Japan Strong

On the other hand, gently caress a bunch of paying $4.99 a month for NWA Powerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Lamuella fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Mar 24, 2021

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Slice Boogie won his PPV match. That’s all I care about.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
Thunder Rosa lost her match. I know it's just one match, but it's their huge comeback PPV so I would've thought they'd want to capitalize on her successful and widely talked about match that was shown on national television? Or they really are just gonna let her languish because she's itching to get out and won't do any more than necessary to fulfil her remaining contract, I guess.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Kunabomber posted:

Thunder Rosa lost her match. I know it's just one match, but it's their huge comeback PPV so I would've thought they'd want to capitalize on her successful and widely talked about match that was shown on national television? Or they really are just gonna let her languish because she's itching to get out and won't do any more than necessary to fulfil her remaining contract, I guess.

I think it's the latter. They know she's going to AEW the second her deal is up

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Still a weird move. You'd think they'd want to push and feature their by far most popular performer as much as they can while she's still around, but as Taz always says, I digress

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

They probably want to get the belt on Kamille ASAP.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
Hahah that's right, Serena Deeb is AEW too. Goddamn.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Moving the belt over to Deeb remains a weird move considering Rosa is still there.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
Putting it on Deeb was the best thing that could've happened, since it protected the belt due to injury while allowing Rosa to have that match with Baker with suspense over what would happen. If Rosa had the belt you knew she was gonna win, while with no belt at stake it could go either way.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

NWA Power with 69 R’s is on. I’m not watching but you all are missing Tyrus, he just had a match. Sounds like he is here to stay.

It’s $4.99 a month to watch the show. Supposedly Velvet Sky may be the worst commentator in all of wrestling now too and is getting raked over.

Either way, it’s on. Maybe somebody will post a recap.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I'm not gonna pay $5 for nwa and if anyone admits to doing so we should ban them, IMHO.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Is this thing on on Tuesdays at like 6pm EST? The show is pretaped and is on PPV so it can air anytime and this is when they picked to show it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

flashy_mcflash posted:

Is this thing on on Tuesdays at like 6pm EST? The show is pretaped and is on PPV so it can air anytime and this is when they picked to show it?

Yes correct to all of it.