Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008

Mauser posted:

My wife has a pair of these and she hates them and misses her Salomon skates she left at her parents' place.

My first order of inline skates is officially in the wind. Was chatting with the delivery driver and he said that he had to call out sick that day so the guy who covered for him managed to deliver them 3 blocks over and original guy went looking for it over the course of three days and was completely unable to find them. Alternate replacement order arrived and they're amazing, been five years since I've done any rollerblading and I only fell like 3 times while trying them out in the alley. Tomorrow going to the park that has actual flat pavement and gonna do some laps!

FR are drat good skates that seem alot more simple in design than other brands but look fantastic in person.

quote:

practiced braking without brake pads and I loving love it.
The basic t stop does anything a brake pad can do, but better and you look like way less of a dork when doing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008
Toronto is encrusted in ice and snow and I saw a dude on 3 wheels who made a decision to skate across a huge patch of ice rather than the clear area beside it and thought "man he must be good I wouldn't do that" and watched him eat poo poo 1 second later. He got up and skated off so good for him.

In other news I found a pair of rollerblade zetra 303s in size 14 for :10bux: in a thrift store I think they're 90s aggressive skates but I think it's a pretty sweet find? They seem solid if not somewhat scuffed but skates that big are rare even new.

Macksy fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Dec 15, 2022

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008

Mauser posted:

Ok, so I need some recommendations for ice skates now because the rental skates were absolutely garbage and I kept tripping over the little front spikes. Specifically looking for something with a hockey style blade and if possible wider in the foot area. The only website I've used before for inline skates is skatepro, and they seem to have some options. I'm fine with spending $100-200 USD
Sounds like you were given figure skates. Check for anyplace that sells hockey stuff in your area they should have regular skates