Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yergacheffe
Jan 22, 2007
Whaler on the moon.

Been eyeballing this game a bit since I loved the concept of EG1, but actually playing it felt cumbersome. In particular, the world domination portion was very frustrating. It was no fun waiting for a particular minion to get trained up which took forever due to low minion limit, generally slow and unresponsive minion AI (waiting for both the teacher and student minion to free up their schedule), and then the actual training process. Naturally after waiting like 30-60 minutes for all this to happen, you send them out on a quest and they fail it and likely all get killed in the process, causing you to repeat everything. All these things feel like timers that bad phone games have today.

It seems they've upped the minion limit as a baseline, and I hope with the new world domination system consuming minions means it's a guaranteed success at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yergacheffe
Jan 22, 2007
Whaler on the moon.

MonsterEnvy posted:

My one complaint is my inability to tag groups.

If it's anything like the first game, does ctrl+click on the tag work to apply it to the whole group?