Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amazing Member
Apr 4, 2008
I wanna clap Rebellion on the back for this one, they truly said: listen, its a game about being an evil genius, we've got to RP this one heavy to really understand the mindset of someone truly despicable.

And by jove, they went above and beyond; their business approach to DLC is absolutely evil.

Actual useful items that don't take 5 minutes to recuperate morale? $5, cash.

Oh-ho Rebellion, you've convinced me you're well into your scheme and are going to accrue checks world map $2400 per 5 seconds :bravo:

But honestly though, this is sad. They're smothering this franchise from the get go of its release. Who honestly thought that they had enough base game content to warrant monetizing every new item.

Base game I only have 1 method of rejuvenation for health, 1 for morale replenishment, etc.

I thought we'd be able to unlock variants from the research bar but nope, just a swift kick to the wallet. Bummed about it really, EG1 was a classic favorite I remember playing through summers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amazing Member
Apr 4, 2008

SkyeAuroline posted:

Good to know. May just give it a go already then. Sounded like there were still more fundamental issues in play.

Its like Two Point hospital where you can build every room, but you cannot upgrade any item (like you could in evil genius). Upgraded items are locked behind paywalls.

No not the traps they have in game (though it now seems like pretty self-aware 'in' joke), but a literal one.

Amazing Member
Apr 4, 2008

dogstile posted:

Every time i read this thread i'm unreasonably upset about how they butchered this game.

Ditto, they'll either have to shore up their dlc strategy into some actually interesting expansion or im just gonna sit on the base game until Two Point Campus releases.

Which is a shame, there's a good frame here. Its got solid bones just not enough meat on it.

Amazing Member
Apr 4, 2008

MonsterEnvy posted:

The Pyro has been added as a Free new Henchman to the game. (Alongside a DLC Henchman)

Yeah I saw that, seems kinda odd to me. I don't know if i would say desperate but I don't know who wanted this content as it's not a cross over ive ever even thought of. To be fair, im still kinda just disappointed in the sequel, but hey if this is what Evil Genius 2 lovers want, let them have their cake and eat it too