Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

rideANDxORdie posted:

One thing I LOVED about EG that I wish more base builders did was how they set up the campaign so that you moved to a second, brand new island to give you a chance to re-do your whole base with the full suite of toys available, compared to having to slowly flesh out your first base and expand as you unlocked more stuff. I love the feeling of hitting the second island all excited to design your ideal lair after you realize all the bottlenecks and issues with your old layout

They're not doing that this time. However there's 3 different islands and they have multiple floors. They showed how they are different too. One has the helipad in the middle so you build around it leaving you with less space, while the other has it outside so forces of good can use it too but you have more space

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxRZNhdtr6U

i found this guy watchable, if a bit slow so i had to skip sometimes. research looks rather simplified now, lots of +numbers upgrades, which is a bit boring compared to the original. also the amount of tutorial objectives is overwhelming. that's the only complaints i have from watching

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Skimming a few reviews tje main complaints i see is bad minion ai and that the world map is annoying, which was true for the original too.

More annoying are the mentions that the writing is the same for each Evil Genius and mentions of endless tutorial popups.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Most of the values in the original were easily editable by just opening the correct files with a text editor so I cheated myself a lot of money and more minions after my first run, those systems weren't very good

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

I find the replacement of unique world map challenges with a ton of repeatable ones that last a short time very annoying. You keep having to bounce back to the world map every few minutes to select a new generic scheme

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Have you checked all the decor items?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

To be honest, the more I think about the game the more I regret buying it. It just feels off in several ways and isn't actually all that fun. I replayed EG1 last year so I know its not the basic premise that's wrong, its all the small faults they make that add up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Nuclear War posted:

Do other agent types ever show up without their associated super agent like in EG1? I remember this would happen a lot in the first game and it made poo poo a lot more interesting. I haven't seen this happen in reaching the mid-late mid game and I'm disappointed. I did notice there's an optional objective to kill PATRIOT rogues so I suspect it's supposed to happen

Only if you actually kill investigators, if you don’t they never do.

I ended up just refunding the game, all the issues added up to making the game not fun for me