Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
When someone bought the original property I genuinely expected they'd shutter the IP and that'd be it so I'm gonna give them whatever they ask for this franchise is precious to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
The original was very bold to gate important technology and traps behind a research system where you basically blindly mashed stuff together and hoped for the best but I'd be lying if I said I didn't go look up a published list of combinations every single playthrough so I can see why they'd change it.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Game has arrived.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

skeleton warrior posted:

Has anyone been able to get more than one scientist to work at a time? I have 4 scientists and 4 white boards, and only one of those scientists is bothering to do research work, and research completely stops when they decide they need to eat or sleep.

I've only bothered with the one white board but a strategy I've found to be reasonably successful is to have a mess hall, a barracks with some beds and a rec room all accessible from directly inside the lab, basically bolted directly onto it.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
The ease of putting a room inside a room means you should have bunkbeds and mess halls everywhere.

I've got a mess hall incinerator combo nook right in the middle of my hallway on the bridge-map.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I have like eight computer terminals generating intel and I'm basically permanently at 99 intel.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
The heists are still in, seems to be super loot only though. The missions have some flavor text and a funny name on the world map if you care to read it. No radio personalities.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I think the brainwashing machine relies on the resolve of an enemy agent, which drains pretty fast while they're in their cell. The only clue for this is hitting the little information button on a cell and it's not mentioned anywhere on the interrogation chair or the brainwash machine.

As to distraction tags and agent freakouts, what I want is a decorative poster for my base that reads Murder: It just works.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Tenebrais posted:

I think this is a problem both with this and the original game. The main appealing gameplay is building your secret lair. It's good fun and that's when the games shine their best - but once you've got your lair fully set up with all the furniture you need, you're basically done, while the storyline depends on you poking the world map and killing invading agents. These aren't terribly engaging; you might play around with different arrangement of traps but that's about all you're going to do.

Part of how Evil Genius 1 tried to address this problem was by having the second island which I think a lot of people bounced off of pretty hard even if I personally liked the scramble to get all my stuff inside while still building something I'd feel good about defending later.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I'm pretty sure in evil genius 1 you could actually delete rooms you just needed to make sure they weren't the only connecting piece to another room and also the entire room was getting blown up.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Basically any time you're getting near your gold limit and don't have any real desire to make another vault for some more, just spend a chunk of it on new construction workers until you're back up to full strength. A lot of the time by midgame you can have enough coming in passively that being out forty or fifty thousand really isn't a big deal since you've got nothing that needs built.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
If you had the ability to knock out a couple side stories at a time and so you didn't have like twelve of them taking up your entire screen at once it would probably be more apparent that you're being presented with two very different options.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

piratepilates posted:

Has anyone felt the need to use a lot of the space in their base? I’m nearing the end game (I researched the highest level of mining and generally have most of the content in the game AFAICT) I’m only really using the ground and second floors of my base (plus a corridor on the third for the MIDAS), and I have room to spare.

That leaves the entire basement, and another 2 levels on top for expanding, and quite frankly I don’t feel the need? I could build out more training and stuff, but not enough to really change my life. It kind of feels like I have more room than game.

There simply aren't enough room types to ever need all of your space. Especially when you realize the there is really two stats for each minion that are likely to go down without them getting shot or whatever and about three of the rooms you're given are dedicated to improving the single hunger/sleeptime/brainmachine stat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Not being able to put traps anywhere but in a hallway was a big disappointment to me and having agents only ever approach your lair from the one maybe two angles is a real one two punch.