Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

What I liked doing was having a backdoor into a lethal trap hallway so my minions could clean it out without constantly running through the path leading to the traps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Looks like some streamers/youtubers have gotten access to the game and are posting videos.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Danaru posted:

You have to respect that even after being promoted to running his own evil organization, Ivan is still more than willing to shoot rockets at random enemy agents.

Like, literally, you HAVE to respect it. Otherwise he'll shoot rockets at you.

He got tired of being locked in a dead-end hallway.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYLlBmY31w4

Orchestral recording of the main theme.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

That's about what I expected out of the game, so I'm happy.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

IcePhoenix posted:

watching Quill stream this right now and it looks like the game is super aggressive when you skip the tutorial

he's also super average at games though so maybe he just hasn't adjusted fast enough :v:

Seems to me like he went too aggressive on the world map.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Wyld Karde posted:

Steam countdown hit zero and still no unlock. I'm guessing the actual time is related to the launch stream they're running on youtube in about 20 minutes from this post.

So, to pass the time, assuming the game is moddable, what would you like to see? For myself, I'd like a Hank Scorpio boss. Just chill, treating the minions nicely, get everyone enthused for flamethrowers and world domination.

Venture Bros overhaul.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

So far this is pretty much exactly what I wanted out of a sequel. I'll need to learn more about base design in this one though (especially with multiple floors), I have so many habits from EG1 bases that I'm not quite sure carry over.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Base building tip: Agents still absolutely love level 3 doors that go to nowhere

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

MonsterEnvy posted:

My one complaint is my inability to tag groups.

Have you unlocked designations from research? It seems like they want you to do that now.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

The way it typically worked in EG1 for me was that I'd do a mission, completely forget that the minions were assigned to a region, then the agent would pop up in the region and kill all my guys because the "hide" stance only lasted for like a minute.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

MonsterEnvy posted:

I unlocked the ability to set agents to auto tag as distract when they go into certain areas. How do I turn this on?

It's under the same menu you use to access the research panel, there should be another button unlocked now.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Sekenr posted:

I'm assuming pointless maze full of doors does not attract investigators/agents anymore?

Still does in my experience.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

So far I'm wondering if the right play isn't to just put criminal networks everywhere, keep them at level 1, and deal with the lockouts/heat as it comes. Five fully locked out regions is like, 250 heat? The game doesn't even seem to consider that a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Vengarr posted:

There’s an annoying bug where if you cancel a room after laying it out because it would bankrupt you, the rooms’ cost never comes off the books. So your AI will constantly scream that you don’t have enough gold.

Bad idea. Your biggest bottleneck quickly becomes how fast you get new workers in, so sending lots of workers out for piddling returns isn’t going to help you.

Plus, the jump in value from a level 2 criminal network is nuts. There are missions that can give you 300k gold per hour.

Setting the network up is a one time cost though.