Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fezball
Nov 8, 2009

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Not at all, for me.

I am playing Ivan, and there’s no biologists after you unlock socialites and mercs. I got martial artists, and unlocked them and still don’t have T3 open. There are no remaining “unlock minion” side quests. Tested the HAVOC device and still nothing. There is no clue that I can find of how to advance, other than continuing the main quest. Which frankly is currently an unfun grind of “do this same mission in five specific regions while super agents are all over the map”. And oh yeah, you need five fuel for each step.

Game's starting to suck, to be honest.

Having just finished Ivan's campaign, I'd honestly recommend stopping if you're already feeling the grind, it gets insanely worse.

The first few hours were fun enough, but the degree of padding is unbelievable. Every single thing you do requires multiple rounds of world map missions that require training up new minions, but the game never gives you anything to actually *do* while you're waiting for that to happen.

And I don't know if the other Geniuse's doomsday weapons are as bad as Ivan's, but having to set my entire base on fire every single time I fire the drat thing (and the game forces you to do it a lot) sure got old fast, especially with the way my braindead minions were completely unable to figure out what to do with the huge pile of fire extinguishers at every corner. Nevermind having to waste even more minions on getting the ammo.

The game would have been way better at a quarter the length with less tech gating, as is I'd say wait for balance patches or at least ignore all the side missions to speed things up. As it is now, I can''t really recommend playing this over EG1 - that sure has a load of issues too, but at least it's way cheaper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fezball
Nov 8, 2009

Dareon posted:

After the robot finished, I wondered why the quest hadn't updated, but it needs you to actually go request the robot minions at that stage of the quest, then build new ones, because it didn't recognize the one I had already built either.

That's how it worked for every "get X minions of type" quest at release, and it was annoying as hell. They patched it out later, but it seems they just made the same mistake again.