Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I can’t wait for this. If all it is is “the first game but actually finished” I’ll play it forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Sir DonkeyPunch posted:

100% of the time when I preload, it would have been faster just to download it when it’s available. Not falling into the trap this time

The Steam decryption setup has consistently been dogshit over the last 10 years. I don’t think this game is going to be a big enough download to make it anywhere near worthwhile even if you don’t have insanely fast internet.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Complications posted:

Checking the system requirements I'm not going to have a computer capable of running it until next year. Ah well, evil is nothing if not patient.

Where are you coming up short? The requirements are pretty low. If it’s the CPU, you don’t need an 8th Gen Intel if you have something that’s not an i3, an older chip that was a higher line should be fine.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Complications posted:

My CPU is barely adequate, my graphics card is laughably inadequate (GeForce 750), and I haven't bothered to upgrade my Windows version to 10 since I was intending to buy a new system when 8.1 got sunset anyway.

The 750 is on par with the minimum specs of the 1030. Especially if you have the 750ti. What CPU do you have?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Complications posted:

I have an i5-4460

Ooof, that’s like right on the line. You’re kind of at the point where it should work albeit a bit shittily. If I had anything in my box of garbage that would work with your CPU socket I’d send it to you but I don’t have anything compatible with motherboards that old.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Complications posted:

Oh man, don't even start to worry. My system is about seven years old at this point and it's done good work, but it's increasingly not cutting it anymore and short of a gut-and-replace which is more effort than it's worth I'm not getting too much longer out of it. Like I said initially, I intend to get a new system next year before 8.1 is sunset and I figure that'll do me for another most-of-a-decade.

When the time comes pop over to the computer build thread in the hardware/software forum if you want any help picking parts, it’s full of great advice.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

sean10mm posted:

Sadly now is maybe the worst time in living memory to build a PC for even casual gaming. Video cards aren't in stock anywhere except scalpers charging triple the MSRP.

Literally, I saw the $540 card I bought in like October listed for $1,500+ and even midrange stuff simply isn't for sale anywhere.

It’s made me very glad I keep my box of garbage. It’s all stuff I’ve salvaged while doing upgrades for people. None of it’s fancy but it’s been useful when people have computers break and they need a part to get their computer to at least work and it doesn’t matter if it’s good.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

DeathChicken posted:

Yeah, as soon as I was able I had a dedicated room just away from the prison filled with nothing but mind screwing tortures. There was kind of an exploit where if you put one of the Super Agents in one and then ordered them captured while they were being led away, they'd get taken right back to the prison again. I just kept doing that forever to Jet Chan to keep him from doing anything horrible.

Oh man, I forgot all about that exploit and also did that constantly to stop them from messing my poo poo up constantly.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Yeah, literally all I expect from this is “the first game but we had enough time to finish it” so I’m good with that.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

gently caress SNEEP posted:

Today is the last day to pre-order on Steam and get a 10% discount!
https://store.steampowered.com/app/700600/Evil_Genius_2_World_Domination/

Humble has a heftier discount but you give up on refunds, I got the deluxe edition for like 40+tax.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Kobal2 posted:

And it's still a pain in the arse.

It’s like the least pain I’ve ever had with an OS. XP was way more of a pain in the rear end, and I say that as someone who really liked XP.