Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
I'm guessing the 100 minion limitation was purely for the sake of the game being able to not chug on low-end computers on release. Though, what annoyed me the most in the first game was that hotels were completely useless money sinks and actively harmful when John Steele shows up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Hammerstein posted:

I recently played the first Evil Genius again to refresh my memory. What irked me about the original was that you always had to put your whole base on alarm if you wanted minions to arm themselves. There was not way to split the alarm states into zones, that would allow you to have areas like your inner sanctum and control centre to be high security areas, where every minion is armed and kills intruders on sight. While setting the outer zones to green, for less heat. I wonder if the new game changes that.

IMO the solution to this would be that your guards and mercenaries would also carry pistols/revolvers along with batons and knives on them at all times. Though, I would change the yellow jumpsuit minion so instead of going to the armories for handguns, they'd be arming themselves with submachine guns from there. After all, you look at an old bond film and practically every low-level lackey is armed with an MP40, Sten or Sterling.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
The main mods in terms of QoL would be the ability to run multiple researches or even queue them and the ability to do multiple side stories at the same time.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
Cue the addition of a Teleportation device as an loot item.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

SkyeAuroline posted:

So the original game ended up getting a lot of mods that fixed (non engine related) issues. Have those started coming out for 2 yet? I'm still hoping for the game to get rescued into a good state, didn't preorder but was pretty hyped regardless (against my best instincts). Haven't picked it up yet and mostly been following the pulse of threads instead.

It's a perfectly acceptable game at this point and still under somewhat active development. Mods haven't arrived to the game yet and most issues at this point are related to the flavor of the game.