Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tehan
Jan 19, 2011
It seems like there can only be two body bags on their way to each incinerator at a time, so you want to either have the incinerator close to where you're doing most of your fighting or have multiple incinerators.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tehan
Jan 19, 2011
There's a bug where an item that you cancel building has its price forever stuck in your Commitments section and when that 'stuck' amount gets high enough you can't buy anything without the robot voice complaining that you can't afford it. It doesn't actually affect gameplay but it's driving me nuts anyway. I've read in different places that it's about either cancelling a construction after you've confirmed it or an autosave triggering at the wrong time and preventing something you cancel from being properly removed from commitments, and I don't know if there's any way to avoid it apart from checking that your commitments are properly set to zero after every bout of construction and reloading an autosave if it isn't.

Tehan
Jan 19, 2011
I feel like a lot of problems would be solved if they axed passive heat gain, made the heat reduction missions a lot harder, and made lockdowns cause nasty groups to spawn. Right now investigators escaping means jack poo poo because your heat always goes up anyway and lockdowns don't mean anything, but if lockdowns weren't inevitable they could be given teeth and then you've got an actual reason to pay attention to investigators and be careful not to drive your heat up too high. Right now the world map is an annoying plate spinner, where in EG1 you turned your attention to it with specific purposes in mind.

Tehan
Jan 19, 2011

twistedmentat posted:

There wasn't much you could do about it.

It doesn't really matter now, but that's probably because of the layout of your treasury. EG1 let you block off parts of rooms with items, but it meant that agents could just teleport into and out of the blocked-off area.

Tehan
Jan 19, 2011
Does anyone know if minions carrying bodies radiate the same morale loss aura as the body does on the floor, like in EG1?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tehan
Jan 19, 2011
I'm pretty sure minions having names and traits is an extended riff on that scene in Austin Powers where the guy gets flattened by a steamroller and then it cuts to his widow getting the phone call about it and having to explain what happened to her son. But their disposability actually makes sense to me in a way it didn't in the first game - sure, a lot of them end up dead, but everyone that shows up at the island is hoping to be one that gets trained into an actual paying position, or gets sent out to hold a dolphin to ransom or something and gets to keep a cut.