Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.

DoubleDonut posted:

do any of the early impressions indicate any kind of extreme bugs or performance issues? That's about the only thing that could dissuade me from this

The footage has looked pretty polished so hopefully there won't be any issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

One week left and new trailer showing off the four.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqCF3o47Azw

I love how terrible Brian Blessed Russian accent is. Like not even joking.

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

Yeah those review scores were about what I expected. Pretty solid all around with flaws.

Complaints about it being too much like the first game is so weird to me though. If EG was a long running series with a lot of entries that complaint would make sense. But it's been over a decade since the first, so what's wrong with it playing safe?

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

Wyld Karde posted:

Steam countdown hit zero and still no unlock. I'm guessing the actual time is related to the launch stream they're running on youtube in about 20 minutes from this post.

So, to pass the time, assuming the game is moddable, what would you like to see? For myself, I'd like a Hank Scorpio boss. Just chill, treating the minions nicely, get everyone enthused for flamethrowers and world domination.

I want the ability to make new maps. I think there could be a lot of fun with making weird gimmick maps.

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

God I am so happy it's easy as heck to re do your base layout now. I moved my power plant and vault and other than getting the cash for it no hassle involved.

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

I've been playing for 60 hours and only now I just realized you can permanently miss loot missions. Well I guess now I have to do a second playthrough.

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

The unreliably of distractions was actively one of my biggest pet peeves with this game. Good change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

dogstile posted:

I don't think simpler is better.

My problem with this game is that you can absolutely tell it was supposed to be a phone game at one point. Its slow, cumbersome, the traps aren't as fun and the writing is worse. It looks pretty, at least.

I don't think it was intended to be a mobile game but apparently the lead on the game had mostly been making mobile stuff so that probably affected it a lot.

Anyway I'm going to throw my opinion into the pile and say I did like the game but would recommend it only on sale. It definitely feels like they could have done better than they did.