Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

The only thing that really annoyed me in Evil Genius 1 was the fact that heat could spring up on you out of nowhere, and once the Killbot Soldier Brigade was on your island you might as well give up, they could take out all your henchmen in a sneeze.

Also Jet Chan could eat a dick. Dude necessitated taking Lord Kane just to paralyze him before he dropkicked all your valets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Yeah, the only real way around that I found was to immediately order a big tunnel, then stuff all the treasure in there before the agents turned up. It usually bought enough time to start the base proper and move the treasure elsewhere.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

The tourists almost always ignored my hotels and chose to walk into the base/panic because they saw a closed door. Sure were good for keeping my valets tied up though :v:

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

On the second island where there was room for it, I always did that except it was one massive tunnel carved into the opposite end of my island from where I was actually doing stuff. The tunnel contained nothing but doors, intelligence traps and more doors. This was usually a good spot to put the Intelligence Draining Bees, since they'd just get trapped with the agents inside of all the doors.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I could never tolerate having my power plant anywhere near the entrance. One Infiltrator gets by and suddenly it's Chernobyl

Also Infiltrators were kill on sight. Even if you bamboozled them with a Smarts torture they'd just come back :argh:

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I'm disappointed you can't be Lord Kane in this

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I loved the OG game but it was super hard to tell what would send enemy agents from neutral to Kill Everything mode. Like they'd stroll straight past a giant nuclear power plant and start shooting my footlockers

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Yeah, as soon as I was able I had a dedicated room just away from the prison filled with nothing but mind screwing tortures. There was kind of an exploit where if you put one of the Super Agents in one and then ordered them captured while they were being led away, they'd get taken right back to the prison again. I just kept doing that forever to Jet Chan to keep him from doing anything horrible.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

The first game had a weird problem where due to slowly unlocking all the neat toys, you didn't have full range to make the base you wanted until the second island literally halfway into the game. Also that it kind of railroaded how your first island had to be designed due to the tutorial quests. You didn't get access to building freezers until you killed an agent, which necessitated building a quick freezer sub-optimally just to stash the body. Same for power plants, you couldn't build one until you'd run out of power once and were left scrambling to power up your doors before agents waltzed all the way into your home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Error on start, "Could not create D3D12 device." I...don't know the cause of that, my drivers seem to be up to date