Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

One thing i really dislike about this game is how the final fate of SAs is handled.

In EG1, each demise not only has a functionally custom animation and effect, but also fits thematically.

For reference it went like this:
Mariana Mamba - Main weakness : 100% reliant on beauty to operate. Defeated by: made ugly by a biologist.
Jet Chan - Main weakness: hubris. Defeated by: defeated in a "fair" fight due to spiked food/drink.
Katerina Frostonova - Main weakness: buried emotional trauma. Defeated by: execution of the one thing she had an emotional attachment to.
Dirk Masters - Main weakness: illegal steroids. Defeated by: special chemical to cause steroids to go haywire.
John Steele - Main weakness: None. Defeated by: Your superplan succeeding.

So for each agent they have a clear weakness and are defeated by exploiting it. Except for Steele, he's just THAT super, so he dies by you winning the game.

EG2 doesn't even have ANY animations, with the agent just turning into a corpse bag with an unidentified cause of death.
But worse than that, the agents are generally defeated nonsensically.

The Blue Saint - He's best paralleled to Jet Chan. His defeat comes from the fact that he must follow the luchador code and presumably THAT outlines that a pindown is loss. Also presumably getting mobbed does not count as a fair fight for this. But you kill him by... putting him on knockout gas. I get where they are going with this, but since superagents are presumably defeated by shattering their will to fight, it doesn't seem like some gas would cause Blue Saint to properly admit defeat unless he is terminally stupid. Which doesn't seem too likely since he has a chemistry background.
Symmetry - Has a ying-yang and "balance" theme. Defeated by...putting her on a slippery floor. What? "Oh wow i slipped, now i can no longer continue". What the hell? Yeah, she sure goes "And i never even lost my footing" but that execution makes no sense whatsoever. Especially since one of her flavor blurbs mentions that she could endure torture really well.
Atomic Olga - One of 2 agents that make sense, defeated by using a magnet trap to remove the theta radiation empowering her, removing the source of her special powers. Parallels well with Mariana in that regard.
Agent X - Was originally a journalist and according to flavor one of his first missions as agent X almost revealed some PATRIOT corruption. Apparently lost a dancing contest at some point and therefore dies to...being made to dance in a laser disco? The very same one he can be caught in normally and suffer no ill effects? Really, his whole story seems like you could defeat him by exposing PATRIOT as a corrupt shithole not worth protecting, but the actual defeat method is very out of left field and does not resonate with his themes at all. Were the devs like, afraid to smear USA?
Wrecking Bola - Just likes wrecking poo poo of bad guys. Defeated by a robotic dog....because she likes dogs? The weakest super agent in terms of her story (nonexistent) and the defeat method is relevantly unsatisfying. One would expect some danganronpa poo poo, where you make her choose between saving a dog or herself, she manages both, except the dog is literally a bomb. That would make at least SOME sense, but is probably out of scope for the engine.
Ms. Foxworth - The other agent defeated logically and satisfyingly - first you nuke her training grounds, then you kill all remaining Steeles. Presumably she could recover in a few years, except that's beyond the scope of the campaign.

That's a 2/5 and the misses are really oof.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Well let's see the standouts:

quote:

Minions operating furniture will no longer ignore Executions.
Muscle minions will respond to combat at a slightly increased range, and their base armour and damage values have been increased.
Advanced minions types are now available earlier in each campaign.
Criminal Networks now generate more Gold as a passive income at each level.
Training time has been reduced for Biologists, Quantum Chemists, Counter Agents, Socialites, and Spin Doctors.
Schemes necessary for progressing Objectives spawn more reliably.
Super Agents no longer become stuck in the "Investigating" state on the World Map.
!!!!!Super Agents will travel to the Lair after a Scheme has been run in their Region, even if that Scheme is cancelled!!!!!
Minions will correctly move away from stat restore equipment during Objectives which impact their maximum stats.

Nice changes overall

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

So from my experience which is an educated guess, the way the pathfinding works is that when a minion wants to build an object he first finds the closest object source and THEN goes to the object. If your hangout is in the basement, depot would be closest.
They will use it if they have enough...desire to build 2 in a row but it does not increase construction speed as much as you'd expect.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Oh boy, the DLC is out and people are raving mad both in reviews and on the steam forums. I kinda get why, but wow that's heck of a review bomb.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/700600/view/3057360165194952409

Well at least they are aware of some of the issues?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

From my experience if you assign ANY priority task to a minion they will aggressively avoid going to the helicopter... but that comes at a cost of giving them a narrow task so.