Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
This might be the only 2021 PC game I've heard of that I'm actually excited about so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

DoubleDonut posted:

do any of the early impressions indicate any kind of extreme bugs or performance issues? That's about the only thing that could dissuade me from this

I only have seen a few but they all looked pretty smooth.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Pre ordered, what the hell. :getin:

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Sadly now is maybe the worst time in living memory to build a PC for even casual gaming. Video cards aren't in stock anywhere except scalpers charging triple the MSRP.

Literally, I saw the $540 card I bought in like October listed for $1,500+ and even midrange stuff simply isn't for sale anywhere.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

StratGoatCom posted:

I'm slightly worried on what's come past the embargo so far.

ACG hasn't been happy, neither IGN, though the latter is of course lol. Overall the metacritic is looking good so far tho.

Reviews look mostly good with some bitchiness.

https://www.vg247.com/2021/03/29/evil-genius-2-pc-reviews-scores/

The VG247 review – 4/5
Game Informer – 7
Windows Central – 4/5
Gamespot – 7
Destructoid – 8.5
Wccftech – 6
The Digital Fix – 10
IGN Italia – 8.5
GameReactor – 8
Screen Rant – 8
CGM – 7.5
Metro – 8
IGN – 6
TheSixthAxis – 8

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Played it a few hours, like it so far but I have 0 feel for how much minion supporting stuff I need (other than lockers to raise the maximum #). Money is clear-ish, same with power, but I don't yet quite get how much of X you need for Y number of minions.

Also research seems weird, it pauses sometimes for not having power when I have power?

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Is there an easy way to see the overall status of minions? Alternately is there a rule of thumb for number of beds/TVs/eating places/etc per minion to shoot for?

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

How much has the gameplay/balance been improved since launch? It seems like there were a fair number of patches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

cumshitter posted:

It's loving great. The point is that Evil Genius has always been about building a perfect ant farm for evil. If you build it then it's not fun, the game is over and you have created the perfect machine to convert resources into evil. So the game has to have a lot of rough edges that keep loving you up to try and perfect the ant farm.

It's kind of a punishing game by nature.

Maybe a better question is, how much has it improved since launch day? It seems like they put a lot of work into it but I haven't gone back to it since a week after buying it on day 1 (mostly for reasons unrelated to the game either way.)