Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual
Just played a couple of hours. Feel pretty unremarkable and aimless. The first one I knew exactly what I was doing and could see at a glance the consequences of my actions, or what I was building toward. The game looks great (besides the UI) but feels sloppy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual
Is the game good yet?

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual

dogstile posted:

I honestly wish i could turn off the map topography and just go back to EG1's map.

Yeah, I had much preferred EG1's map also. Less busy and there was tension and stakes in watching it.

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual
I much preferred the original giving you a choice of how you assign minions for an expedition. Say you have to assign six scientists, well, you could also sign a bunch of guards and maybe even a henchman to protect those scientists.

Removing that choice feels weird and like a step backward.

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual
Can someone post in this thread once the game is good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual

Dareon posted:

MachiaVillain kinda bridges this genre and the colony builder, you're running an evil mansion full of monsters, training them up and luring innocent college students in to be murdered. I bounced off, but there's clearly some good ideas there.

e: currently on sale for 2 bucks.

Rimworld is really great if you haven't already tried it.