Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

if you can't roll out a pie crust you're a god drat idiot go back to clown college with other people like you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Aardvark! posted:

if he went to clown college wouldn't he be good at making pies

no. that's throwing pies. here's your bus ticket

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Aardvark! posted:

where the gently caress do you think the pies come from ??? Some kind of ... Pie supplier?

it's called a bakery bozo

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

ok real pie talk here. the problem most ppl have is that they are told to add as little water as possible to prevent gluten but honestly you can add a little more water than you would think and it makes your pie easy to roll out and doesn't effect the texture of the crust negatively at all. that's if you're not a drat clown like the op

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Cafe Barbarian posted:

I make all-butter cold water crust and it's really just getting a sense for how cold it should be, how long to cut in the butter, how much water to add, how long to chill the dough before rolling, how to put it in the pan, blind baking to get it cooked right.

It just takes practice, when I wanted to start making them I made pies all the time until I got a good routine going. And some of those first pies were really bad.

i think my real point is that gluten won't develop in significant quantities in the small amount of time it takes to mix a pie crust and rest it for 30 mins before rolling it. ppl say use as little water as possible to avoid gluten development which causes tough pie crust, and what you end up with is something that's too dry to work with and cracks at the edges and has holes in it. just add the drat water.

i agree with the second part though that it is really just practice.