Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Maxwell Adams posted:

Yeah, lots of shots from ground level, looking through windows, or hiding behind something. I've been collecting them.

I totally missed this one until reddit pointed it out...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Spider spies, Spider spies, Rot attack active, Spider eyes.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Bobulus posted:

I totally missed this one until reddit pointed it out...

drat, that definitely cinches it that they are not just creative choices on camera placement.

Mygna
Sep 12, 2011

Nitrousoxide posted:

drat, that definitely cinches it that they are not just creative choices on camera placement.

...I hope I'm not the only one who spent like thirty seconds looking for a tiny spider hidden somewhere in that image before realising that there are eight of those red "lens flares", in a very specific arrangement

MadMadi
Mar 16, 2012

The entire anime thread where people are speculating that Kumoko is both White and Ariel has me giddy. Like just about everything in this series, the answer is, "Well yes, but also no, but also yes."

Also I missed the camera angle detail and the eight eye lens flare, and Im loving it!

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I was gonna respond to the "what will Fei evolve into" speculation (having not yet read the LN) with guessing that she gets a human form, but then I looked it up and of course she does. I can't help but think she goes on to become a love interest.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

All of the highest level dragons can take humanoid form I think.

We've completely skipped Kumoko's plans to evolve into an Arachne to solve the speech and language issue (not that having the ability to speak ever led to her actually talking to any appreciable degree).

I thought they might have had her take a look at the next evolution options this week as this is her second to last last step before Arachne. Maybe they'll wait to do that until after her encounter with the demon lord since her inability to speak has big implications there.

Nitrousoxide fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Mar 21, 2021

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Rubellavator posted:

I was gonna respond to the "what will Fei evolve into" speculation (having not yet read the LN) with guessing that she gets a human form, but then I looked it up and of course she does. I can't help but think she goes on to become a love interest.
Haha, that was my guess but I decided not to post it in the anime thread since it's mostly based on knowing how Kumoko evolves.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

What's the convention for how long you should use spoiler tags after a LN release in ADTRW? A week?

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Wow, what a waste of a novel. Absolutely a disaster for the pacing and plotting of the overall story. Okina needs a goddamn editor to tell them when poo poo needs to be cut, because this entire LN was a waste of 2.5 hours of my life.

Ashtarath
Oct 11, 2012

I enjoyed it for what its worth :shrug:

Cainer
May 8, 2008
Ya I thought it was alright, in the begginning I wasn't enjoying it so much cause I was still thinking that they were going to refocus on White or any other character I gave a drat about. That didn't happen but it was still an enjoyable read, I thought he was an alright character and far more interesting than his shallow isekaied replacement but then again he's had a whole book to himself so that's probably not really fair.

Also the hell was with Sophia's chapters?! Those were a touch of strange when compared to the rest of the novel.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Vol 11 stuff

D apparently made tentacle rape monsters for the world. Nice girl that D.

What... uh were Sophia and White doing in Sophia's last chapter? It ends with Sophia having to call her "master" and being tied up, bondage style, in the nude?

Nitrousoxide fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Mar 24, 2021

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Maybe it's good that I skipped over a lot of stuff while skimming, or is this all Volume 11 stuff?

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Bell_ posted:

Maybe it's good that I skipped over a lot of stuff while skimming, or is this all Volume 11 stuff?

Any stuff in spoilers in the thread here is either volume 11 or web novel stuff. I imagine we'll stop spoiling Volume 11 stuff after it's been out for a week.

Cainer
May 8, 2008

Nitrousoxide posted:

Vol 11 stuff

D apparently made tentacle rape monsters for the world. Nice girl that D.

What... uh were Sophia and White doing in Sophia's last chapter? It ends with Sophia having to call her "master" and being tied up, bondage style, in the nude?

It's been a while since I read the previous novels but were they ever even slightly as horny as this one? We had saint on hero pining, hero on saint pining but refusal to act due to heroness, the as mentioned tentacle monster which they went into great detail describing that yes it was that kind of tentacle monster whom I had forgotten about completely till you mentioned it even though I just read the drat book, a small mention of the sister yandering for isekaied brother love, which I also wanted to memory hole and then ya, the bondage in the final Sophia scene where she called White "master".

Also the bone eating which wasn't sexual at all but still very disconcerting.
Edit: Oh wait and Sophia making her own blood drinking harem out of all the boys in her class?

Cainer fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Mar 24, 2021

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010
Did y'all think Sophia, as she had been behaving thus far, was the type of character to call White "master" of her own volition? Sure it was probably a narrative device to avoid tipping their hand early, but I by no means expected a mundane explanation for this.

Granted, I wasn't expecting that.

Cainer
May 8, 2008

Adder Moray posted:

Did y'all think Sophia, as she had been behaving thus far, was the type of character to call White "master" of her own volition? Sure it was probably a narrative device to avoid tipping their hand early, but I by no means expected a mundane explanation for this.

Granted, I wasn't expecting that.

Well no I did not but she also said she was cursed into calling her master? I'm just saying the naked spider thread bondage + "master" and the rest of the novel was pretty dang horny compared to the others. I am interested to see if we get an inquisition style vampire hunting thing or other such consequences started up in the next book to combat her thirst for little boys necks. Or the bone thing I guess.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Cainer posted:

It's been a while since I read the previous novels but were they ever even slightly as horny as this one? We had saint on hero pining, hero on saint pining but refusal to act due to heroness, the as mentioned tentacle monster which they went into great detail describing that yes it was that kind of tentacle monster whom I had forgotten about completely till you mentioned it even though I just read the drat book, a small mention of the sister yandering for isekaied brother love, which I also wanted to memory hole and then ya, the bondage in the final Sophia scene where she called White "master".

Also the bone eating which wasn't sexual at all but still very disconcerting.
Edit: Oh wait and Sophia making her own blood drinking harem out of all the boys in her class?

You might say that White and Sophia were boning

crunch crunch

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

After today's episode, the anime only folks are again confused about if Ariel is kumoko

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I imagine using Ariel for the subreddit's image is only compounding the confusion for anime-only people!

I was guessing they were going to have the Demon King appear (in the past) in the last moments of episode 12 to confuse everyone, but I guess not. Maybe next episode?

Bobulus fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Mar 26, 2021

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

I personally thought they were going to end with Sue killing the king.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Nitrousoxide posted:

I personally thought they were going to end with Sue killing the king.

Same. I figured they would drop that as a cliffhanger on the human side.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Something I like about Ariel's scene is where she says she's half talking to herself. Which you can easily take on it's face value that she's only half talking to Balto. But if you notice in that shot, White is standing right behind him, making the other read of that sentence that the half of her that is body-in-charge is talking to White since they both fought Araba.

I like how they craft these scenes that totally get decontextualized with more info.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
When the episode ending had Kumoko heading to the outside i was hoping it would end with her accidentally nuking that castle and doing a cutesy "oops" pose at the camera.

Really wondering how they're going to set up the fight with Mother and then with Ariel since they've apparently skipped over everything to do with Kin Control so far. The last shot of this episode makes it seem like they're going to have Mother attack just out of nowhere, which seems weird, but everything else in the anime has ended up better than expected so hopefully it will make sense when they get to it.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

So volume 11... Ehhhhhhhh.... I don't hate it but it feels entirely like a wheel-spinning waste of time. Unless Julius turns out to be not dead somehow in a future novel it really seems like this was 270 pages to set up [wild guess] how either Potimas or Arial end up with the Hero Sword at the fight at the Elf village when the series finally gets back there. [/wild guess] Also tentacle rape monster, spider bondage, and juggy mage apprentice all feel weird and out of place for this series. I wonder if this one was ghost written by the editor or something.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

dordreff posted:

Really wondering how they're going to set up the fight with Mother and then with Ariel since they've apparently skipped over everything to do with Kin Control so far. The last shot of this episode makes it seem like they're going to have Mother attack just out of nowhere, which seems weird, but everything else in the anime has ended up better than expected so hopefully it will make sense when they get to it.
We'll find out in two weeks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghB4bQaANVw

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

First part of that has her planning out her evolution path finally.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat
The other Kumo thread(pun not intended btw) has a promotional picture with Wrath in it which is totally surprising and not how I pictured him after only reading the wn and manga(which hasn't got to him yet)

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

You gotta love the poetry of youtube autocaption+translate.
"The microcomputer that hangs on the mother who has siblings feels the degree of bubble that bets about live and death."

After only having read the manga, I decided to go into a deep dive of the wiki, to understand the world a bit. There's quite a bit of stuff there.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

logger posted:

The other Kumo thread(pun not intended btw) has a promotional picture with Wrath in it which is totally surprising and not how I pictured him after only reading the wn and manga(which hasn't got to him yet)

He looks cool as hell in the light novel illustrations. Every other version of him just doesn't look right.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

I think human Fei looks pretty good.

Wrath has basically the same haircut as his human self, and was doing a leaning back arms behind himself just like he was in the flashback to Earth as well when he was first introduced in the demon lord's counsel. I'm surprised like no anime onlys have made the connection.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

With all the speculation going in that thread it's probably a good thing they didn't use Aoi Yuuki for Shiro.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

I'm quite sure they did, they just didn't credit her

Tamba fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Mar 28, 2021

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

It's kind of hard to tell from her whole one voiced line so far. It could be Saori Hayami who's also playing D or it could be Aoi Yuuki doing a Saori Hayami impression.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I think some wires got crossed in my head and I was thinking of D.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
It would have been great if they just went all the way crazy with it. Have an episode where D calls on the phone and it's the voice of Aoi Yuki, then the Demon Lord is talking with the voice of Aoi Yuki, and then Shiro talks and its Aoi Yuki.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Maxwell Adams posted:

It would have been great if they just went all the way crazy with it. Have an episode where D calls on the phone and it's the voice of Aoi Yuki, then the Demon Lord is talking with the voice of Aoi Yuki, and then Shiro talks and its Aoi Yuki.

Only if Fei's human form gets the same treatment.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

I always imagined Wrath to be a big ogre-like dude with his old face/hair and horns, so a more slender frame in the official art was weird to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Argas posted:

I always imagined Wrath to be a big ogre-like dude with his old face/hair and horns, so a more slender frame in the official art was weird to me.

He did look like Big Ogre Dude in previous evolutions. Like, here's Ogre King.

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/k...=20200331224745