Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

A monster capturing RPG similar to Dragon Quest Monsters/Pokemon/SMT games but with a huge amount of different classes/monsters/skills/traits that allow you to make crazy team synergies. Just released into early access a few days ago and I'm really having fun with it!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1289810/Siralim_Ultimate/

(Below taken from the Steam page)
Siralim Ultimate is a monster-catching, dungeon-crawling RPG with a ridiculous amount of depth. Summon over 1200 different creatures and travel through randomly generated dungeons to acquire resources, new creatures, and loot.

If you’re looking to compare Siralim Ultimate to other games, you might think of it as Pokemon meets Diablo, or more accurately, Dragon Warrior Monsters meets Path of Exile.

Siralim Ultimate is a really, really, really big game. For that reason, this store description is extremely detailed to help you get a grip on exactly what you can expect from the game. If you're not up to read it all, though, here's a quick rundown of some of the main features:

1200+ creatures to collect
Fuse your creatures together - the offspring inherits its parents’ stats, traits, and even the way they look!
Randomly generated dungeons spanning 30 tilesets
Customize your castle with thousands of different decorations
Engage in strategic 6v6 battles
Craft Artifacts and Spell Gems for your creatures
Choose from one of 30 specializations for your character and earn perks that change the way your creatures fight in battle
Insane amount of post-story content that will keep you engaged for thousands of hours (yes, really!)

Specializations
Animator - As an Animator, you will always have a unique creature in your party called Animatus. Your entire battle strategy will likely focus on this creature. You can empower your Animatus, and even use your other creatures to make it stronger in combat.

Cabalist - As a Cabalist, you'll enable your creatures to cast spells that they normally wouldn't have access to. While other people's creatures might run out of Spell Gem Charges, you'll be able to keep your creatures well-stocked with fresh Spell Gems at the start of every battle.

Cleric - As a Cleric, you'll specialize in healing abilities, as well as buffing, resurrection, stat-boosting effects, and providing your creatures with protective barriers. Your creatures will be extremely difficult to kill.

Defiler - As a Defiler, you'll specialize in debuffs and stat-reducing effects. Enemies will be so weak that your party will be able to easily pick them off, even if they were originally much more powerful than your creatures.

Druid - As a Druid, you'll probably only want to have one (or two, later on) creatures in your party. Your creatures will gain massive benefits for being part of a smaller party.

Evoker - As an Evoker, you'll empower your creatures' spellcasting capabilities. Your creatures will be able to cast the same spell multiple times in one turn, and these spells will be much stronger than if they had cast them without your guidance.

Hell Knight - As a Hell Knight, you'll favor creatures that specialize in attacking. Hell Knights empower their creatures' attacks with chaotic magic. Hell Knights are surprisingly adept at spellcasting in a pinch, as well.

Inquisitor - As an Inquisitor, you'll have a solution at your disposal for every problem you encounter. In addition, Inquisitors are able to use healing effects for offensive purposes - for example, when your creatures heal enemies, they instead cause damage to them.

Monk - As a Monk, you'll boost your creatures' chance to Dodge attacks and spells. When your creatures Dodge, they'll unleash a devastating counter-attack on the enemy.

Necromancer - As a Necromancer, you'll summon minions to aid your creatures in battle. These minions can do all kinds of things to support your creatures - they can cause damage, boost your creatures' stats, debuff enemies, and much more.

Paladin - As a Paladin, your creatures will be able to endure even the most powerful of attacks. Each time your creatures take damage, they'll also damage their enemies.

Reaver - As a Reaver, your creatures will gain massive benefits in combat as battles continue to drag on. If your creatures manage to survive for just a few extra turns, they'll be able to devastate your enemies.

Sorcerer - As a Sorcerer, you'll support your creatures by debilitating their enemies from afar. Generally, your enemies won't be able to act for the first few turns in battle as long as you're around.

Tribalist - As a Tribalist, you'll want to assemble a party of creatures that belong to the same race. This will provide them with significant benefits that are exacerbated by their racial synergies with each other.

Trickster - As a Trickster, you'll heavily inconvenience your enemies by preventing them from taking action. You'll also gain the ability to manipulate the element of luck - for example, if a positive effect has a chance to activate but fails to do so, you can try again.

There are even more classes but I just took the list from the store page. Each class allows for a different style of breaking the game over your knee.

Screenshots

Resources
Online version of the in-game Codex: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2197484456

Really useful list of races and their common traits/bonuses by 30.5 Days:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3962134&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=7#post513424960

Sorry this OP isn't that fully featured, just wanted to get something up so we can start discussing. Please let me know if there's anything I should add or remove, happy to add anything if someone else makes a post which describes things better :D

bovis fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Mar 23, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

My favorite problem that I've run into is that you're capped at casting fifteen spells per action, which as Evoker I very often hit. But, my starter Octopus will shoot off so many Magic Missiles that I don't actually get to my third/fourth cast of whatever spell I was manually casting in the first place, so I think I'm going to have to drop it from my team, because Magic Missile doesn't really do that much damage anymore.

My new powerhouse is Stupify (gain 100% INT/DEF but lose 25% INT/DEF every turn) and Pyromaniac (Deal 35% INT damage to all enemies every time your party casts a spell. No one else's damage even comes close, so I think I need a major overhaul of my team. I've got Limitless (50% chance to cast again) and Multicast (cast again, all spells at 30% power, doesn't reduce Pyromaniac), but my strategy of mass-casting status ailments and following up with Corpse Explosion doesn't even come close to Pyromaniac - I can usually wipe encounters on turn 1. Thinking about some sort of stat-stacking setup, but something that doesn't require any turn setups since I don't want to give the enemy any additional turns.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
I just want to use this space to say that Life is the worst aspect. All my homies hate life.
I've had bosses and nemesis fights I've only managed to beat because I literally exhausted the amount of revives they could throw out.

Just got the Asura mastery material, time to integrate this into my trickster crit team.
Though I did also get a special summon that makes invisibility not go away on attack, so maybe it's time to build a new one....

Edit: Anyone seen the aspect family from 3 in Ultimate yet? The dodge guys.

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Mar 14, 2021

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Life magic is hilarious when it's on your side. You just don't die. Sure, you can't kill anything either, but goddamn does it take forever to put you down for good.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

After playing with it a bit, and also watching some friends go super deep into the endgame: I think it's better to think of this game more along the lines of an MTG combo game. There are a lot of weird pieces in the game, like a spell called unanswered prayer that does nothing but repeat itself and count as spell casts, that really only exist in order to power engines. The real power is when you figure out an engine to do stupid things like health stack to the moon or, what I'm doing right now, have hunters that attack twice and bounce 16 times on top of that per each turn.

Also in the settings you can turn on turbo mode, lets you hold down E to run through the trash fights, and there are a lot of trash fights in this game. You can set up macros for your monsters and set which command you want the game to default them to, so you can have a fairly complicated setup that still runs itself when you hold down E.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
To add to that, if you are running a heavy buffing/debuffing build, I can strongly recommend just turning off show stat changes in the options. About tripled the battle speed of my Grovetender build.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Also in the settings you can turn on turbo mode, lets you hold down E to run through the trash fights, and there are a lot of trash fights in this game. You can set up macros for your monsters and set which command you want the game to default them to, so you can have a fairly complicated setup that still runs itself when you hold down E.
This is basically how I play 99% of the game. I set up macros and then just autofight through a level except for when something really goes wrong.

Moldy Sausage
Oct 5, 2004
Where am I going?
I just got this as my first Siralim game and am enjoying myself. I don't usually like grinding in rpgs but I recently played monster sanctuary and liked it so I decided to give this a try as it goes even deeper on the crazy synergies. I started as a hell knight and so far I've just been trying to use creatures that do things when they attack along with the extra attack class perk, which works ok but is seeming less and less effective, especially against the current boss which is a death creature with a party of death creatures while most of mine are chaos. I've also been holding back on crafting artifacts/fusing until I find something really powerful, which is probably a mistake

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

The one downside to this thread is that it makes me want to boot up Siralim right now for playing but it doesn't have cloudsaves (yet?) and I'm on the wrong computer. :(

That said I'm enjoying going into it as a first-timer for the Siralim series. The writing is bad (REALLY bad) but whatever, I'm making gods happy, finding new batches of pokemon, and I'm working on making my baby-carrying demon really, REALLY powerful!

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Moldy Sausage posted:

I just got this as my first Siralim game and am enjoying myself. I don't usually like grinding in rpgs but I recently played monster sanctuary and liked it so I decided to give this a try as it goes even deeper on the crazy synergies. I started as a hell knight and so far I've just been trying to use creatures that do things when they attack along with the extra attack class perk, which works ok but is seeming less and less effective, especially against the current boss which is a death creature with a party of death creatures while most of mine are chaos. I've also been holding back on crafting artifacts/fusing until I find something really powerful, which is probably a mistake

The biggest tip I got was to always staple your dudes together. It doubles the number of traits you can use, and the type changes to whatever the second monster was, so I can run all hunters and pretty much all of them have different types. All of them have their glaive bounce trait, but I've got one fused with a unicorn to revive people, one adds half of its artifact's attack to everyone else's attack, etc.

Fusion guy is probably the most important npc in the game, make sure you mess around with him as soon as it unlocks, which I think was floor 9?

StrixNebulosa posted:

The writing is bad (REALLY bad) but whatever

The writing seems to be exactly kingdom/west of loathing style humor, which kinda is what it is. The good news is that the story is wrapped around the game structure rather than the other way around, so you can pretend it doesn't exist and just go to each new floor without caring.

LITERALLY MY FETISH fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Mar 15, 2021

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Good thread and I really need to pick this game up.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Gave one of my damage monsters the "If this monster attacks something at <35% hp, kill it and distribute its trait to everyone on your team" trait, and now I don't mind life so much.
Even if they keep coming back, I now have all their traits.

Also, as bad as the writing is, at least it's just juvenile bad instead of offensive bad.

Edit: Is necromancer the only minion class, or do any of the other classes synergize well with it as well?

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Mar 15, 2021

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Have they said if this is coming to iOS?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

MarcusSA posted:

Have they said if this is coming to iOS?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/zackbertok/siralim-ultimate-monster-catching-rpg/faqs

"Steam (Windows, Mac, Linux), iOS, Android, PS4, Xbox One, and Switch."

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Siralim 3 is available on Android and iOS as well. I believe the saves are even cross-platform.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

StrixNebulosa posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/zackbertok/siralim-ultimate-monster-catching-rpg/faqs

"Steam (Windows, Mac, Linux), iOS, Android, PS4, Xbox One, and Switch."

Amazing! Glad they are doing a Mac port.

Gonna check and see if I can play the EA via GFN for now though.

Edit: I’ve only played two and enjoyed it a lot so I didn’t know about their cloud saving feature in 3 but it’s awesome!

http://www.thylacinestudios.com/siralim-3-cross-platform-cloud-saving/

Every game needs this.

MarcusSA fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Mar 15, 2021

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Broken Cog posted:

Edit: Is necromancer the only minion class, or do any of the other classes synergize well with it as well?

Technically Evoker since you can grant minions via spells and you can thus multiply the number of minions you grant

Also my biggest complaint about this game, and it's the exact same one as Siralim 3, is that the level curve is way out of whack. I've 100%d pretty much every single map, but the Sphinx boss on Floor 48 is level 61 and even after grinding my highest monster is like, 48. I wipe the floor with encounters that are 10+ levels above me but I'm not getting nearly as much EXP as I would expect if the game actually wants me to keep on this level curve. Even in attempts where I manage to not die by the time I get a turn, I can wipe the five generics but the boss's stats are just way too high

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Kinda want to make an invisibility build just because of this dude. Look how happy he is!

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Technically Evoker since you can grant minions via spells and you can thus multiply the number of minions you grant

Also my biggest complaint about this game, and it's the exact same one as Siralim 3, is that the level curve is way out of whack. I've 100%d pretty much every single map, but the Sphinx boss on Floor 48 is level 61 and even after grinding my highest monster is like, 48. I wipe the floor with encounters that are 10+ levels above me but I'm not getting nearly as much EXP as I would expect if the game actually wants me to keep on this level curve. Even in attempts where I manage to not die by the time I get a turn, I can wipe the five generics but the boss's stats are just way too high
You're not really meant to keep up with the enemies levels, no. Where I'm at currently, my highest reached floor is about 70 levels above my team.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
I literally just saw you had this game on Steam and went to message you about it on the Discord, but you were offline, and now this thread is here it's like magic.

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

I've been really enjoying Evoker and the amount of spell spam I can do. I have that spell on my initial Spider Occultist which gives everyone random spells, I dunno if it's actually good but if I cast it everyone in my team gets heaps of spells which is pretty funny.

I'm reseraching the project so I can switch to Hell Knight since I'd like to try some attack spamming teams. I feel like it's going to take a while grinding to finish the project, do the resources you need to complete these projects start coming in faster the further through the game you are?

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Alright, I beat the boss from a team swap. The leveling ability is SO nice, I was able to max out three monsters for like 6k of my 70k power. I dropped Corpse Explosion and replaced it with the Fish Student that boosts damage by 70% when it's not your turn, so at this point I'm all-in on Pyromaniac. I also kept my Octopus but threw on there the trait that boosts damage by 50% per Sorcery Spell you have more than your enemy and I wiped the boss on my first action

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

You're breaking my balls here

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Alright, I beat the boss from a team swap. The leveling ability is SO nice, I was able to max out three monsters for like 6k of my 70k power. I dropped Corpse Explosion and replaced it with the Fish Student that boosts damage by 70% when it's not your turn, so at this point I'm all-in on Pyromaniac. I also kept my Octopus but threw on there the trait that boosts damage by 50% per Sorcery Spell you have more than your enemy and I wiped the boss on my first action

I just got this last night and 90% of this thread is indecipherable gibberish to me.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

You'll be feeling like that for a while, I'm afraid. This game is crazy complex.

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

I'm hoping they'll add some quicker ways to see what certain keywords mean other than having to open up the codex and search for it.
At least someone has made this online version of the codex so you can do a quick search on this page https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2197484456 but it could become outdated if things change a lot.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

One thing thats annoying is they dont tell you what a spell does in the Codex unless you own the spell gem, but traits don't count, so I had to google what Corpse Explosion did and I found the Siralim 2 spell which turns out is VERY different

Arsonide posted:

I just got this last night and 90% of this thread is indecipherable gibberish to me.

So there's a lot of monsters in the game, but honestly there's not too much to "learn" in that its pretty easy to identify whats good and whats not at a glance. The question is just whether or not it's good right now or its good for another build you'd need to set up for. Like, there's a ton of monsters whose traits are something like "can't be crit" which, you know, whatever, and then there's "cast all spells twice" which is just obviously crazy. My insane map-clearing build is something I just threw together based on what I saw, and Bovis is apparently running something very similar just because it's pretty easy to look at certain things and be like "oh yeah that sounds strong" and if it sounds good it almost always is

for reference, my team now is all about casting spells multiple times, casting status ailments on my defensive units who dont have high damage to cripple the enemies, and then I have one central damage dealer who deals 35% of his max Int to all enemies every time I cast a spell, which is multiple times a turn

RazzleDazzleHour fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Mar 15, 2021

Mr. Trampoline
May 16, 2010
Running as a Trickster, have a monster that kills itself when it Provokes and makes other team members stronger the more turns they have, a monster that distributes stats to the rest of the team when an ally dies, and a monster that buffs itself when an ally dies as well as buffing the rest of the team when it gets buffed.

All running around the lynchpin pegasus that revives allies when it attacks. As long as he doesn't die first, I can outscale just about anything

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

StrixNebulosa posted:

The one downside to this thread is that it makes me want to boot up Siralim right now for playing

:same:

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

StrixNebulosa posted:

That said I'm enjoying going into it as a first-timer for the Siralim series. The writing is bad (REALLY bad) but whatever, I'm making gods happy, finding new batches of pokemon, and I'm working on making my baby-carrying demon really, REALLY powerful!

A few of the gods can be occasionally funny! But you also don't ever need to care about any of it. I've played all 4 Siralim games and couldn't tell you a single thing specific thing about the story beyond like, remembering personalities of gods.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

The main joke of the game is that you’re just a sorta lovely person, like not evil but definitely an rear end in a top hat at minimum.

Also you piss yourself a lot.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

The main joke of the game is that you’re just a sorta lovely person, like not evil but definitely an rear end in a top hat at minimum.

Also you piss yourself a lot.

No, the actual joke of the game is the story.

By the way, I'm not sure if this is intended or not but if you use the spell Panic Attack (and presumably other "random attacks"), you can hit invisible enemies.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Mar 15, 2021

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Its seems like every Siralim has basically no story and then an obvious twist at the end but yeah this game has way more piss jokes than S3.

Also the final boss seems nuts. I feel like I need more stat manipulation going on because right now I go fourth even with my fastest guy equipped with boots and they usually all die by then. I beat the first form with the help of Mind Explosion, which is such a dope spell. I have two units that are defensive-based to tank for me, too.

Also yeah there's a bunch of little mechanical stuff like that I assume is all intentional, otherwise there'd be no real way to deal with invis. I encountered a little roadblock in my path to becoming OP which is realizing that you can't multicast a spell if you only have one charge of it, even if you have the skill that makes multiple casts not cost charges. I put Finger of Death on a guy to split to the rest of my team but only casting it once really defeats the point of the rest of my build which is proccing traits from multicast.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Its seems like every Siralim has basically no story and then an obvious twist at the end but yeah this game has way more piss jokes than S3.

Also the final boss seems nuts. I feel like I need more stat manipulation going on because right now I go fourth even with my fastest guy equipped with boots and they usually all die by then. I beat the first form with the help of Mind Explosion, which is such a dope spell. I have two units that are defensive-based to tank for me, too.

Also yeah there's a bunch of little mechanical stuff like that I assume is all intentional, otherwise there'd be no real way to deal with invis. I encountered a little roadblock in my path to becoming OP which is realizing that you can't multicast a spell if you only have one charge of it, even if you have the skill that makes multiple casts not cost charges. I put Finger of Death on a guy to split to the rest of my team but only casting it once really defeats the point of the rest of my build which is proccing traits from multicast.

AOE stuff can target Invisible just fine, and that's intended since AOE doesn't target it, which I believe is the text of Invisible.

I suppose technically it counts since making your monsters Attack random monster doesn't target the invisible dude?

Also, try out my gryphon team that I posted in the steam thread. I kind of 3-rounded the boss's first phase without losing a single mon. Second took a bit longer but still didn't lose anything.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Yami Fenrir posted:

AOE stuff can target Invisible just fine, and that's intended since AOE doesn't target it, which I believe is the text of Invisible.
Yeah, it explicitly prevents you from selecting that monster as the target when you enter a command. It doesn't protect them in any way from getting hit by the effect anyway, though, if something else should cause it to become targeted at them. 'All creatures' or 'enemies' (plural) spells just hit everything on a particular side of the field, so that's an intentional workaround to that effect.

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

What monsters/spells have people been running with for a Hell Knight? I've got the perks that allow my attacks to splash to everyone but I'm unsure of which monsters would work well with it!

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I switched to Grovetender a few floors before the final boss, and oneshot the second form with a 35k hit to the core once I had drained all his parts down to 《300 in every stat.
10/10 can recommend.

Speaking of, was the grovetender available to start with? Main reason I unlocked it was because I couldn't remember seeing it in the starting selection.

Also, anyone tried Druid? Curious what kind of insane buffs it has going on to compensate for the drawbacks.

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Broken Cog posted:

I switched to Grovetender a few floors before the final boss, and oneshot the second form with a 35k hit to the core once I had drained all his parts down to 《300 in every stat.
10/10 can recommend.

Speaking of, was the grovetender available to start with? Main reason I unlocked it was because I couldn't remember seeing it in the starting selection.

Also, anyone tried Druid? Curious what kind of insane buffs it has going on to compensate for the drawbacks.

Druid has felt the most lackluster since the rework/change to osseins. Also yes Grovetender is an advanced class you can't start with, alongside: Bloodmage, Purgatorian, Runeknight, Spellweaver, Fanatic, Pyromancer, Warden, Astrologer. There's also still more classes coming eventually

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

bovis posted:

What monsters/spells have people been running with for a Hell Knight? I've got the perks that allow my attacks to splash to everyone but I'm unsure of which monsters would work well with it!

the Asura that has a 75% to attack again on a crit is ridiculous with a hell knight. The Carnage line of monsters as well as the Brownies probably work well too.

As for Spells, Acid rain and the ones that let your monsters attack work well too.

And, if you can get it to work somehow, the Gryphon line. The Griffon's Divebomber and Assault Griffon's ability attack stupid amounts of times only are made better by that class.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Mar 15, 2021

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

bovis posted:

Yami Fenrir posted:

the Asura that has a 75% to attack again on a crit is ridiculous with a hell knight. The Carnage line of monsters as well as the Brownies probably work well too.

As for Spells, Acid rain and the ones that let your monsters attack work well too.

And, if you can get it to work somehow, the Gryphon line. The Griffon's Divebomber and Assault Griffon's ability attack stupid amounts of times only are made better by that class.

I'm at work so I can't load up my save, but yea IIRC I was using that Asura, some flavor of Carnage, the Crypt Bat that attacks when another dude attacks, a Brownie Mauler and I forget what else :thunk:

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Is there a way to activate a macro for all monsters at the start of battle? I want an auto-battle function, but it seems to be a per-command basis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Haven't tried it yet in this one, but in Siralim 3 you could customize each monster's default command and then toggle turbo mode, which lets you just hold down the action button to fast-forward through fights. It'll just input whatever the cursor is currently on, so if you set the default command to macro, that's what your monsters will do and you don't have to manually select anything.