Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cytoc
Apr 3, 2009

StrixNebulosa posted:

Is there a way to activate a macro for all monsters at the start of battle? I want an auto-battle function, but it seems to be a per-command basis.

No, you can only apply a single macro to reach creature on a per creature basis and then set each creature to default to it's macro on it's turn. You can't select a specific macro at the start of each battle for all of your creatures to follow.

The best you can do to speed it all up is turn on turbo mode, turn off all battle text and then just hold e as the battle spams through.

cytoc fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Mar 15, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Hmm okay. Thanks! I just unlocked projects, so onwards to fusion!!!

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire
Nice, Siralim Ultimate thread! I picked Animator by accident while I was checking out all the specs and rolled with it. I have to assume all the specs are totally absurd because:

Animus casts corpse explosion when an enemy dies, once per dead enemy. His artifact is corpse leper's trait, causing him to cast corpse explosion when an enemy dies, once per debuff they had. Another monster has an artifact that puts a random debuff on every enemy at battle start.

I've also added the lich that has death spells cast at 100% more intelligence, and the fox guy that gives every spell gem a 15% chance to trigger at the start of a battle.

So almost every fight opens with a spell going off, usually killing something. Otherwise Animus casts annihilate or Rapture (given from a generous spell gem), and kills something or everything. Anything that survives is treated to a minimum of 2 corpse explosions. If anything else dies it's 3, then 4 etc.

The hilarious thing is when an enemy has a rebirth or something, it goes through about 20 casts of corpse explosion before bringing it back. This kind of stupid jank is why Siralim is so great. It's not even in the top tier of combos and still is just stomping at realm 95.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

I think my only complaint with this game aside from the writing is the existence of the Gimp Mummy. Just a bad monster and I resent that it works well with my debuff team.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Wow, Hell Knight is a lot better with crit builds than Trickster. Should probably look into actually making that always-invisible build for him.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Can somebody tell me how exactly fusing a monster that already has two traits with another works? Do you get to pick which of the two traits is carried over?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

OneDeadman posted:

Can somebody tell me how exactly fusing a monster that already has two traits with another works? Do you get to pick which of the two traits is carried over?

I'm fairly sure you just... can't?

They're not in the fusion Menu.

It doesn't even with the Tainted Imling in the middle of combat.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Here's a tip: Don't unlock the assassination missions unless you know you need them. They are super expensive, requires you to have S-rank knowledge of something, and they will show up in Prophecies.

cytoc
Apr 3, 2009

Broken Cog posted:

Here's a tip: Don't unlock the assassination missions unless you know you need them. They are super expensive, requires you to have S-rank knowledge of something, and they will show up in Prophecies.

It's add to this to only do the godspawn projects if you know you want that creature. These are even worse because you end up needing to drop a lot of emblems at that god's shop to complete these quests.

I ended up with one of these gumming up my project spaces for a really long time

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Broken Cog posted:

Unfortunately, that's sadly not a thing you can cheese.

I've just double checked and I have "Forage" in my Prophecy list despite not having unlocked the mission type.

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

The dev posted this on Steam, actual update not out yet:

quote:

Dev Update: March 15, 2021

I hope everyone is enjoying Siralim Ultimate so far! I just wanted to make a quick post to let everyone know what I'm working on for the first Early Access patch.

First, a few major quality of life improvements based on your feedback:
1) In the Spells and Traits lists in your Codex, you'll be able to search for keywords to filter these lists. For example, if you're looking for traits that relate to the Burn debuff, you can search for "burn" and the list will remove all traits that don't have the word "burn" in their descriptions.
2) New options will be added to disable attack/spell animations, as well as any battle text that contains a value of "0", such as zero damage, zero stats gained, etc. These two options should speed up battles considerably.
3) The blacksmith's Socketing UI will include descriptions of all Stat/Trick slots, much like those found in the Codex.

I will continue to monitor player feedback and make additional quality of life improvements as needed.

The next patch will also include a massive amount of new end-game content:
1) False Gods. These are massive end-game bosses that will provide the most challenging content in the game.
2) Guilds. If you manage to defeat the False Gods, you'll earn reputation with one of the five Guilds of Rodia. As your reputation increases, you'll unlock new creatures, spells, decorations, and more. In total, Guilds will add 70 new creatures, 100 new spells, and countless decorations for you to enjoy.
3) Anointments. I'm going to leave this one as a total surprise. It's game-changing.

I am also working on some balance adjustments to make the game a bit more challenging for end-game players.

Lastly, we're hard at work on backer content, so you can expect to see tons of new costumes, skins, decorations, traits, spells, and much more. There might even be a new specialization or two for you to unlock!

As you might imagine, this is a massive patch and it'll take some time for me to finish it. Rest assured that I'm working as hard as I can and will have this update out to you as soon as possible!

Good that we're getting some quality of life stuff soon! :D

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Played the alpha as a monk and never really felt that powerful despite having layers of dodge and counter-attacks.

Since that save's lost to my old PC, I'm trying to figure out what class I want to try. Kind of wish all classes were available from the start.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
+
Think this would work?

Yami Fenrir posted:

Unfortunately, that's sadly not a thing you can cheese.

I've just double checked and I have "Forage" in my Prophecy list despite not having unlocked the mission type.
drat, noticed they started showing up on my second board, just after unlocking the missions, so figured it might be related. Ah well.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Broken Cog posted:

+
Think this would work?

drat, noticed they started showing up on my second board, just after unlocking the missions, so figured it might be related. Ah well.

Well, it requires you to deal more than 25% of their health, now doesn't it?

I was actually thinking about a Fallen Carnage + One of the Reapers that targets enemies + Raven Defiler + the Spell Dark Tranquility combo.

Fused with 2 mimics, it would theoretically allow you to kill any one monster instantly, by inverting the 80% enemies start with to 20% for the Reaper instant kill. I wonder if there was a way to reliably do that to every enemy...

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
+ + + + a bunch of other invisible buffs and the trickster reroll trait

:getin: Ghost Gang

Edit: Really wish specializations would save item/spell gem loadouts as well. I don't have enough to outfit two full teams atm

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Mar 15, 2021

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
I dub your party Foxhound (on account of all the optic camo.)

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Broken Cog posted:

Edit: Really wish specializations would save item/spell gem loadouts as well. I don't have enough to outfit two full teams atm

Can't you save party loadout at the menagerie?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Dackel posted:

Can't you save party loadout at the menagerie?

The monsters, yes, but not equipped items afaik. Changing specializations will also save the monsters you have following when you switch. But again, not the items.

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

OneDeadman posted:

Once a monster has been fused they have a yin and yang indicator next to their name showing they are the result of a fusion and can't be used in fusion again.

It worked differently in past games, but this is probably for the best, the system in Ultimate is less grindy and more strategic.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Just a general question: do specialization abilities stay active if you switch to a new one without resetting perk points? Kind of wondering because even though there are now tons of different specializations, they all have comparative far, far fewer things to invest your perk points into than in previous games. With infinite leveling being one of Siralim's big things, I assume this means you'll max everything out far more quickly than you used to and then you kind of don't have any use for further perk points anymore. Not sure what to do with them at that point.

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Cardiovorax posted:

Just a general question: do specialization abilities stay active if you switch to a new one without resetting perk points? Kind of wondering because even though there are now tons of different specializations, they all have comparative far, far fewer things to invest your perk points into than in previous games. With infinite leveling being one of Siralim's big things, I assume this means you'll max everything out far more quickly than you used to and then you kind of don't have any use for further perk points anymore. Not sure what to do with them at that point.

Perk points are on your character, not class. You will max them all (around the same time). Switching remembers what you've invested, until you reset it on that class. Once you max out perk points you will gain an alternative resource (iirc that is piety, the prophecy/relic resource)

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Dackel posted:

Perk points are on your character, not class. You will max them all (around the same time). Switching remembers what you've invested, until you reset it on that class. Once you max out perk points you will gain an alternative resource (iirc that is piety, the prophecy/relic resource)
Yeah, what I meant is, does the effect of the ability you invested it in last even when you switch to a different spec? That is to say, can you effectively dual-class? If you can't, it seems there would be absolutely no good reason to not reset your perk points every time you switch.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
The Toxdwellers you can get from Perdition seem kinda nuts. I ran into their master earlier, and he just demolished me before the fight even started. Just bombed my entire team to smithereens.

Anyone tried them out?

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Cardiovorax posted:

Yeah, what I meant is, does the effect of the ability you invested it in last even when you switch to a different spec? That is to say, can you effectively dual-class? If you can't, it seems there would be absolutely no good reason to not reset your perk points every time you switch.

Of course not, there is no multi classing, your perks are for that class only. And why would you reset everytime you switch? Every class has their own pool of perk points, e.g. If you have 500 perk points and spend 500 on animator, if you switch to hell knight you can still spend 500 points there, and when you switch back to animator it remembers your 500 point investments.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Dackel posted:

Of course not, there is no multi classing, your perks are for that class only. And why would you reset everytime you switch? Every class has their own pool of perk points, e.g. If you have 500 perk points and spend 500 on animator, if you switch to hell knight you can still spend 500 points there, and when you switch back to animator it remembers your 500 point investments.
Ah, okay then, I wasn't aware of that. I thought all classes pulled from a shared pool. I haven't unlocked spec switching yet, so I was just wondering what the benefit of doing so would even be if you end up basically starting over. Should've figured that they wouldn't do that, it wouldn't make much sense. Thank you for explaining.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

What happens to the traits if you fuse two fused creatures together?

And if I fuse my starter creature with something else, then want it un-fused, is that possible?

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

You can't. Creatures can only be fused once and once they are they're stuck that way.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Cardiovorax posted:

You can't. Creatures can only be fused once and once they are they're stuck that way.

That's, uh, hm. Okay. Not fusing my starter then.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Depending on your starter creature, it might be worth it anyway. I started with an Asura Heartripper (which is not that great or special) and fused a creature with 70% splash damage to surrounding enemies into it. Now its 300% crit damage bonus works out to 210% splash damage on crits, which is a real improvement.

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

StrixNebulosa posted:

That's, uh, hm. Okay. Not fusing my starter then.

I'm fairly certain no starter is unique (for example I've fought and created new Spider Occultists after starting as the Evoker) so I don't think you lose anything permanently if you fuse them.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

bovis posted:

I'm fairly certain no starter is unique (for example I've fought and created new Spider Occultists after starting as the Evoker) so I don't think you lose anything permanently if you fuse them.
Yeah, starter creatures have never been unique. They're usually somewhat late-game and powerful, to give you a boost at the start, but you'll get duplicates soon enough.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

They really should've chosen a better name. I saw this game and just assumed it was a 1,2,3 collection

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Someone asked if there was any better way to do projects and it seems like there's portals you can find in levels that have an NPC you can talk to that will just finish one for you if you find him.

Also, I don't know why I thought this was how it worked, but apparently INT doesn't act as magic defense, and all damage reduction falls under DEF. I managed to beat the boss so it's time to mess with my team again. I'm winning every single encounter immediately, so now I just want to make sure my whole team lives forever, and I think I found a REALLY cheesy way to do it. Unfortunately, I'm gonna need to fight enough Mimics to summon one...

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

I've unlocked the tech of tribalist with hunters stapled to other hunters, one of them stapled to something that I forget that made it so everyone attacks twice but for 30% less damage, so now a single hunter will attack and there'll be 34 instances of damage.

I ran into a boss who has a mystery trait to me, because whatever it was forced one of my hunters to attack and he got mulched before I ever took a turn.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Ill say the combination of Mimic (guaranteed first turn) and then whichever monster causes you to attack/cast three times seems insane for any big combo team.

Basically my idea is to keep using Pyromaniac (damage to all per cast) and then casting high-level healing spells on a guy who gets +Def for healing and then spreads those buffs to the rest of the team

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

I'm in love with my new griffon team personally.

I put 2 divebombers on it as well as Marked for Blood (Follow-Up Attack on Crit) and a Centaur Wrangler (attacks on cast) and sometimes enemies just get punched to death on their own first turn :allears:

Also the Apocalypse Class Traits are hilarious on Assault Griffons (who have something like 77% chance to take another turn on Tribalists)

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I'm currently running a team that relies on a combination of multi-attacks, inflicting debuffs, and using that one Leper creature that causes one corpse explosion per each debuff on a killed enemy. Pile on the group debuffs with Affliction, use the attack blaster to kill one of the enemies, and then watch everything else go down in a chain of explosions where each kill triggers more explosions and usually wipes out everything in a single go.

cytoc
Apr 3, 2009

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Unfortunately, I'm gonna need to fight enough Mimics to summon one...

I've had most luck doing this in the Arachnid Nest zone, because of the webbed mimic chests. It still takes a while though, but I was finding around one mimic per level.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

One thing that can really help with that if you get lucky is the 'big baby' minigame. Every time you get a monster chest, it spawns a mimic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I played a good bit in early early access from Kickstarter, but the new thread made me want to start fresh so I rolled up a Reaver last night. It sounded fun, but ehh needing to wait a few turns "to go off" just feels kinda dumb and pointless? I'm not even 10 floors in but even if I had all the perks I want it just seems like an unnecessary few extra turns compared to the other, more murderous specializations.