Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Reavers are like building your party around a massive charged special attack. Every combat is guaranteed to take three turns at least, but it's also pretty guaranteed to never take much longer than that, so all you have to do is to survive and ideally build up to a bigger bang with stat-ups and such in the meantime. It depends on how much you like that as a concept.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Any class that have synergies with the bomb debuff? Defiler?

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Broken Cog posted:

Sorcerer could work too maybe? Going earlier, shutting down enemies to prevent turns so you can load up more bomb strength maybe?

cytoc
Apr 3, 2009

Sab669 posted:

I played a good bit in early early access from Kickstarter, but the new thread made me want to start fresh so I rolled up a Reaver last night. It sounded fun, but ehh needing to wait a few turns "to go off" just feels kinda dumb and pointless? I'm not even 10 floors in but even if I had all the perks I want it just seems like an unnecessary few extra turns compared to the other, more murderous specializations.

I'm still playing my team from early access and I kind of have the same problem with any new team idea I come up with, if it's not winning most battles in the first turn, it's worse than my current team. Hopefully after the next patch when combat can be sped up even further, it might be less annoying for builds that take a few extra turns to come online.

I'm assuming Reavers increase in damage following your turn, like realm damage, etc? In that case if you can strip the opponent team of their turn, you should be able to run through combat a bit quicker? Unfortunately, I think most of the tools to do that arrive much later in the game, but which point you could change spec anyway. But it could be a way to build Reaver longer term if you wanted to stick with it? I've never really played around with this spec.

I'm also considering starting a new save file to play through the story, but I'll probably wait to see what "annointments" actually do.

Broken Cog posted:

Pyromancer can also apply bomb to the enemy units after they take burn damage, but I think that Pyro's damage capability is so strong that you probably don't really need to worry about using bomb.

cytoc fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Mar 16, 2021

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
drat, Blood Mages kick some serious rear end. Those health-based damage bonuses really add up.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

cytoc posted:

I'm assuming Reavers increase in damage following your turn, like realm damage, etc?

Yea your starting creature is like, +40% Damage for each turn you've taken. I'm blanking on the creature name but I just got some Inox Apocalypse (?) thing that gives me like +15% Stats per turn too. And the first 100 point talent I snagged was also +30% Damage per turn taken.

So I've got my starter creature, a Unicorn Vivifier, that Wight that eats your allies stats when they die (which is fun with the unicorn), that Treant that gives your team Mending and then some random "punch mans" style dude who I can't remember what he does. Far far far from optimized, but like I said I'm only like 8 floors in so far :v:

Some of the other talents give you bonuses per battle won in a realm, or reduce the amount of time for Battle Fatigue to set in. But there's a lot of redundancy between those talents, seems too expensive to invest in unless you're really deadset on making each battle last for as many turns as possible...

Sab669 fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Mar 16, 2021

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
I think reavers might be one of those classes that are better for late-game boss killing than for general fighting.

Remains to see for when I get there though. I've gotten stuck theorycrafting builds again, so I don't even have the Gate of the Gods unlocked yet.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Boss Killing was my exact justification for picking it :v: I seem to recall getting stuck on certain fights with my Hell Knight so I was like, well fine if it takes me 7 turns at least I'll be swinging for huge numbers by then.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
Keep in mind that those abilities are keyed to each monster's turns, not rounds.

So, if you have a monster that can take several turns in a row (Like the old fan favorite Fallen Carnage or our lord and Savior, Assault Griffon), those numbers go up A LOT faster.

cytoc
Apr 3, 2009

Sab669 posted:

Yea your starting creature is like, +40% Damage for each turn you've taken. I'm blanking on the creature name but I just got some Inox Apocalypse (?) thing that gives me like +15% Stats per turn too. And the first 100 point talent I snagged was also +30% Damage per turn taken.

So I've got my starter creature, a Unicorn Vivifier, that Wight that eats your allies stats when they die (which is fun with the unicorn), that Treant that gives your team Mending and then some random "punch mans" style dude who I can't remember what he does. Far far far from optimized, but like I said I'm only like 8 floors in so far :v:

Some of the other talents give you bonuses per battle won in a realm, or reduce the amount of time for Battle Fatigue to set in. But there's a lot of redundancy between those talents, seems too expensive to invest in unless you're really deadset on making each battle last for as many turns as possible...

If you have the entangle spell available, that could be a decent way to cut down on enemy turns while your team ramps up? Traits that chuck around snared or manipulate the timeline could be another good way as they become available.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Oh that's good to know. I was thinking it was each Round.

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Reaver's favourite spell: Timewalk

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Dackel posted:

Reaver's favourite spell: Timewalk
Does that actually count as using turns?

Coincidentally, it is also Grovetenders favourite spell

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Mar 16, 2021

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I'm currently trying out a defiler build and what I've done so far is to

1: Fuse a creatures with two "inflict debuff on enemy when this creature is attacked" traits as well as another that has two "if an enemy receives one of these two debuffs, give it the other one" traits.

2: Take along a creature that replaces every debuff on the enemy with a new random debuff as soon as a previous one runs out plus another that inflicts one extra debuff on an enemy for every debuff that is applied to it, at the cost of reducing the duration of debuffs to a single turn.

The result is pretty promising so far and by attacking my own creature on turn one I basically inflict 4 debuffs on every enemy on the field as soon as the fight starts, which will then be maintained effectively forever unless an enemy goes out its way to dispel the effect. The only problem with the whole concept is that I don't really have a lot of killing power right now, since the entire thing is massively overspecialized.

What I really need at this point is some sort of "attack/cast a spell on debuff" trait, but I haven't been able to find one so far.

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Cardiovorax posted:

1: Fuse a creatures with two "inflict debuff on enemy when this creature is attacked" traits as well as another that has two "if an enemy receives one of these two debuffs, give it the other one" traits.

2: Take along a creature that replaces every debuff on the enemy with a new random debuff as soon as a previous one runs out plus another that inflicts one extra debuff on an enemy for every debuff that is applied to it, at the cost of reducing the duration of debuffs to a single turn.

The result is pretty promising so far and by attacking my own creature on turn one I basically inflict 4 debuffs on every enemy on the field as soon as the fight starts, which will then be maintained effectively forever unless an enemy goes out its way to dispel the effect. The only problem with the whole concept is that I don't really have a lot of killing power right now, since the entire thing is massively overspecialized.

What I really need at this point is some sort of "attack/cast a spell on debuff" trait, but I haven't been able to find one so far.

Try out anything that applies debuff at start of battle to get the ball rolling! Pit Wraith Redeemer (Stricken trait) is a defiler favourite i think

ZionestLord
Jan 9, 2010
Ive been running a monk team and it takes about 2-3 turns most battles but seems pretty strong in drawn out battles too.

Spell dodges is extremely my thing, when i played previous siralim games i always felt like I was getting destroyed by fast spell spammers. It also helps I have my strongest attack creature with an artifact that has splash on hit and attacks anyone that casts a spell, sometimes that just ends an encounter before my 1st turn.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

ZionestLord posted:

Ive been running a monk team and it takes about 2-3 turns most battles but seems pretty strong in drawn out battles too.

Spell dodges is extremely my thing, when i played previous siralim games i always felt like I was getting destroyed by fast spell spammers. It also helps I have my strongest attack creature with an artifact that has splash on hit and attacks anyone that casts a spell, sometimes that just ends an encounter before my 1st turn.

I usually had the Nyx that starts the enemies with Silence for exactly that reason in the older games.

cytoc
Apr 3, 2009

Cardiovorax posted:

I don't think there are any traits that casts a spell or attacks on general debuff application.

Somethings that might help:
Plaguespreader Leper will cause the enemies to take additional damage for each debuff they have.
Crazed Leper will cast corpse explosion once for each debuff an enemy had when it died, this will help finish off all enemies once you kill one.
Some of the Plague Doctor traits might be nice to help spread the debuffs around.

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Broken Cog posted:

Does that actually count as using turns?

Coincidentally, it is also Grovetenders favourite spell

It does! If you hold F during combat you can see turns taken alongside heaps of other important info

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Well, I think he hits hard enough, now I just need something that makes him hit more stuff.

Dackel posted:

It does! If you hold F during combat you can see turns taken alongside heaps of other important info
Ah, good to know! I thought it just activated the "before your turn" effects, without actually increasing the turn counter.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Do stat changes persist through death?

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

CubeTheory posted:

Do stat changes persist through death?

Not unless you have a way to make them do that. Blood mages can do it I think? And I'm told there is a creature trait too, but I haven't seen it yet.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Why does buffing or casting flame leash on my shades sometimes remove the invisible buff?
It seems to happen before they attack in the latter case.

Edit:
Yes yes.... I think this might work.

Edit2: Anyone remember which monster had the "Do x% more damage while it's not your turn"? Can't seem to find it.
Edit3: Found it, it was Sparktail Student.

Edit4: Wait, does this even affect debuffs?

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Mar 16, 2021

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

So just from totally anecdotal experience, as someone who was winning fights by inflicting every status ailment in the game on enemies and also was running Spartktail Student, it really didn't feel like poison/burn were doing really anything

ZionestLord
Jan 9, 2010
into post game now, feel like the rate you finish projects is off unless you arent suppose to finish more than like 3 or 4 of them before you get to post game

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I kinda hope they rebalance that, personally. Projects are mostly nothing but an obnoxious grind and take forever to finish for overall fairly little immediate reward. Unlocking more specializations is really the only thing that I'm even interested in at this point and as far as I'm concerned, I shouldn't even have to do that at all. The game should just give you access to all of them at the same point that doing so through projects currently becomes available. There are no balance concerns here that would really justify this, because your available perk points limit how much you can do with a given specialization anyway. Needing to unlock them one by one is just pointless and aggravating busywork, especially considering how many specializations this game already has.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Just discovered this game seems to have a shiny equivalent and now my life is over I'm done this is the only game I'm ever playing again

Mister No
Jul 15, 2006
Yes.
what’s the silver bullet with Loid to unlock fusion?

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Mister No posted:

what’s the silver bullet with Loid to unlock fusion?

I'm not entirely sure what you're asking but you unlock fusion on floor 9 or something, go into decoration mode and place the fusion lab in your castle

Mr. Trampoline
May 16, 2010
Blood Mage + their perk that makes enemies always bleed + the monster that attacks every bleeding enemy when it Provokes is a great build around. Deleting bosses and monster masters like they're random encounters.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Any quick way to farm essence early so I can start fusing like crazy? I'm around floor 16 or 17.

Mister No
Jul 15, 2006
Yes.

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I'm not entirely sure what you're asking but you unlock fusion on floor 9 or something, go into decoration mode and place the fusion lab in your castle

i just can't beat him, and idk if the right move is to go back and grind more levels or if there's a monster with a passive that'll end it quickly. every attack/spell that hits locks out attacks/spells the next turn and his stats increase.

nm, got it. apparently the party the bosses show up with aren't set and i was just getting really unlucky with a lot of blobarians and the corpse explosion per debuff on death guy spawns.

Mister No fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Mar 17, 2021

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

ZionestLord posted:

into post game now, feel like the rate you finish projects is off unless you arent suppose to finish more than like 3 or 4 of them before you get to post game

I've been farming Faraway Enclave and getting the Lonely Foreman in a portal like every hour or two. He automatically finishes one of your projects, so that seems like a good way to knock those out.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

CubeTheory posted:

Any quick way to farm essence early so I can start fusing like crazy? I'm around floor 16 or 17.

Honestly, not really. Essence is definitely the slowest to build up, even moreso than Energy for me and I was crafting spells all over. I didn't do a ton of fusion in my main playthrough though, I mostly just identified specific monsters to gun for and only took what I needed, but yeah in an effort to save resources I had a few teammates who weren't contributing a ton for a while. Things really start to scale up around the 30s, but once you hit your stride you should only need to edit your team like, every ten floors or so. I'm trying to think of any early-game tips, what class are you using?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

I forget when you get it but I've been using the Grinder a lot to get extra Essence.

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

So just from totally anecdotal experience, as someone who was winning fights by inflicting every status ailment in the game on enemies and also was running Spartktail Student, it really didn't feel like poison/burn were doing really anything

The main reason is most debuffs are either on/off and are usually handled by RNG (break free of snare, get unfrozen). Then there are things like bleed which scale off of enemy HP, or cursed off their Attack. But poison and burn come from your stats, Attack and Intelligence. So if your debuffer has poo poo stats, your debuff will have bad potency. If you wanted to specialize in this, there are ways to increase potency after it's already on though. But most debuffs have no "potency" because they are either on or not.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Btw, I don't know if this is common knowledge, but masters seem to spawn mainly in the main area for that type of creatures. So if you are looking for the Asura master, go to Great Pandemonium, if you are looking for the Phase Knight master, go to Eternity's end, etc.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Broken Cog posted:

Btw, I don't know if this is common knowledge, but masters seem to spawn mainly in the main area for that type of creatures. So if you are looking for the Asura master, go to Great Pandemonium, if you are looking for the Phase Knight master, go to Eternity's end, etc.

And only on the current "max" level (just in case people forgot).

The masteries range from "Meh" to "absolutely insane" so make sure to check them out.

The Sparktail and Brownie ones, for example, are absolutely ridiculous.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Yami Fenrir posted:

And only on the current "max" level (just in case people forgot).

The masteries range from "Meh" to "absolutely insane" so make sure to check them out.

The Sparktail and Brownie ones, for example, are absolutely ridiculous.
Not to mention that they only take one trait slot on one of your items to come into effect. Extremely valuable if you are focusing on a specific creature type.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Broken Cog posted:

Not to mention that they only take one trait slot on one of your items to come into effect. Extremely valuable if you are focusing on a specific creature type.

Speaking of which, I want to make a sparktail team now.

Having, at a minimum, 130% damage reflection (100% single target and 30% onto everyone) on every monster seems... a bit silly. Especially considering how many revives you can plaster onto a team.