Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

real nap shit
Feb 2, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleepytime
Dec 21, 2004

two shots of happy, one shot of sad

Soiled Meat

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

maxe
Sep 23, 2004

BLURRED SWEET STREETLIGHTS SPEEDING PAST, FAST

Sleepytime
Dec 21, 2004

two shots of happy, one shot of sad

Soiled Meat

Nice

tompepper
Feb 14, 2005

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
First long walk with the camera in a while. My friend and I were walking for like seven hours over rocky train tracks and trails. Next time I'll remember to wear sunscreen, and more robust footwear.

The heron was really cool to see, but as you can see I need to work on my birding technique. Next time I'll also remember to bring out the epic big chungus turbo unwholesome pervert super telephoto lens.

Mister Speaker fucked around with this message at 04:29 on May 13, 2021

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Fayetteville-1 by Will King, on Flickr

Fayetteville-15 by Will King, on Flickr

Fayetteville-23 by Will King, on Flickr

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae
Fayetteville-15 by Will King, on Flickr

I'm diggin' the angles

SuicidalSmurf
Feb 12, 2002

Love this

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
Yeah, that’s incredibly cool. Some neat stuff posted here recently.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know
Yes. Got some Exodus (BSG) vibes from that one. You know what scene.

real nap shit
Feb 2, 2008

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

1 and 3 are real nice.
2 i feel would be better with the nissan gone. its look is jarring next to the nice 90s/2000s curves of the buick

Nigel Tufnel
Jan 4, 2005
You can't really dust for vomit.

Really like the tones in these

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman

Photography by my 4 year old.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
Nothing pointed straight up at the sky/down at the ground/directly at their face. That’s actually pretty drat good.

SuicidalSmurf
Feb 12, 2002

Photo contest this month has me having a hard look at power lines whenever I see them now.

Twenties Superstar
Oct 24, 2005

sugoi
here's one from 2011

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

tk fucked around with this message at 04:56 on May 21, 2021

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Still plugging away with the pinhole, I know what I want do do with it, I just gotta find out exactly what's going to work

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Cool, better image quality than I’d expect, tbh.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know
These are definitely working for me

tompepper
Feb 14, 2005

matti
Mar 31, 2019

sorry, too low effort for even here

matti fucked around with this message at 00:01 on May 25, 2021

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

This is a chill zone, if you wanna share a photo then share a photo!

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

matti posted:

sorry, too low effort for even here

Mofo, I bet I can find something of mine that’s unintentionally worse than whatever it was you posted.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
:justpost:

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

I took this with my phone and I hope it's still there when I go back this weekend with a tripod and a big boy camera

matti
Mar 31, 2019

matti fucked around with this message at 02:44 on May 25, 2021

matti
Mar 31, 2019

-

matti fucked around with this message at 02:44 on May 25, 2021

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Heres some Ektachrome I hosed up:

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

looking very magenta

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

And that’s after tons of editing in LR after I got my scans back. I futzed about with the white balance as much as I could before other things started going out of whack.

Everything was overexposed. I was shooting on a newer camera (Elan 7) so I put all of my trust in the meter and just shot away. I think I had it set to center weighted or something similar. Next time I should probably set it to spot and be much more intentional about where I meter from.

I double checked to make sure I didn’t have exposure compensation turned up a stop or two as well.

real nap shit
Feb 2, 2008

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

President Beep posted:

And that’s after tons of editing in LR after I got my scans back.

You don't do your own scans?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

theHUNGERian posted:

You don't do your own scans?

Oops, misspoke. Yeah, I do my own scans. Meant to say after the developed film came back.