Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
First long walk with the camera in a while. My friend and I were walking for like seven hours over rocky train tracks and trails. Next time I'll remember to wear sunscreen, and more robust footwear.

The heron was really cool to see, but as you can see I need to work on my birding technique. Next time I'll also remember to bring out the epic big chungus turbo unwholesome pervert super telephoto lens.

Mister Speaker fucked around with this message at 04:29 on May 13, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Some recent favourites of mine:

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Holy smokes, is that Maximum RNR? Maybe it's a different project but I'm 95% sure that bassist is a guy I used to work with named Curtis.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Love your shots of Hamilton, pal. Gate of India is hands-down the best Indian restaurant I've ever eaten at.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Are you using a tilt focus lens for this? It's got major 'tiny model city' vibes. Excellent shot.

tompepper posted:

Bunch of recent street shots I like

Awesome as always.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

LiterallyATomato posted:

These are awesome. Did anyone give you flak for bringing a tripod to the fair?

Nah, a couple of people asked me if I worked there or wanted to see the shots and one woman walked into it when I was shooting but no sass.

Thanks! :)

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

clockworkjoe posted:

what settings did you have for those pics? They look beautiful!

Nikon Z6 20mm f/1.8. I think I was sitting at f/11 but it may have been shorter, low ISO. The rides move so fast that you really only need a three- or four-second exposure. In post all I do is up the exposure a bit then pull down the highlights so the lights aren't blown out and tweak the contrast a bit, then jack up the clarify and vibrance. Thanks :)

Mister Speaker fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Aug 30, 2023

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
I went and shot the airshow for the first time ever. Even though I kind of hate it, the jingoism and celebration of war machines, it was pretty loving cool to witness. I'm not too happy with how hazy/blurry some of these are but whatever, it's my first time and it was a fun challenge. But oh boy am I sunburnt.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Cognac McCarthy posted:

Neat though. What length of lens did you use to get these?

I have a Sigma 150-600 f/6.3 and it was right out at 600 for most of these. Really hard to pan and track fighter jets at that length, which is why there aren't more shots of the Hornet.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Awesome shots.

I went for a walk last night to try to clear my head about a woman for whom I'm head over heels. It didn't really work out; Sundays aren't a great night to get long-exposures of public transit vehicles because the bus/streetcar schedule is limited. And this crush is a strong one. Anyway I got a couple, but my framing game is definitely off.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Not sure if I still want to sell this LensBaby Trio. I find the spiral bokeh fun, but a bit distracting when the clarity settings are jacked up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR