Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

This is frow way back, but the picture speaks to me for reasons I'm unable to explain. Just love it.

I'm getting back into photography after a long hiatus, got a x100v and it just hit all the right spots.

I just got a couple of Lightpix Q20II flashes, which are these handy cheap little manual flashes that detach from the transmitter in my hot shoe to become wirelessly triggered. Here's one of my favorite model:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

behold, a satan!

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

:popclap: dooooope

Don't be alarmed, molotovs are super effective, try to sidestep left and keep close so you can interrupt her stupid healing move.

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

Dunno if this fits the thread, but I've been experimenting with slit scan and just have to post my results somewhere :shrug:

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

The source is this video of a tiny rubber hand holding a Kinder egg racoon toy (just wanted to mix textures) hanging from a string and rotating.

I flipped it and wrote a processing script to generate a video where each subsequent row of pixels is delayed by one frame from the previous. What I posted was a still from that video. I learned to code to do that, so maybe it isn't so much low effort, but I'm at the experiment stage still so this seemed like the chill place to post.

I also wrote another script which switches the x coordinate with time, and which gives really interesting results but I have to get some appropriate not-my-makeshift-desktop-studio source footage to make it shine. I'll probably make a thread when I have something cool to show. Here's a taste of it from the same source footage as above (but rotated 90 degrees):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjETmDFM0mk

Though it gives wildly different otherworldly results depending on the type, speed and quantity of motion in the source footage.

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

bobmarleysghost posted:

I like that. Do more of these with other real world combined objects.

Eh, that's kinda been done to death, mostly with flowers, what with their shapes and colors. Just google slit scan flower and you'll see tons of that. I'm trying to do other stuff with the effect now.

tuyop posted:

This is loving great, I would never have dreamed of something like this and I want to do it too!

And now you can! I don't wanna poo poo up this thread anymore because now I'm making an effort. :) Slit scan thread, with code, is thataway:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4022686

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

We got a theme goin'

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

One of my first jobs was in a photo shop, so I was exposed to a lot of these old-guard mainly event photographers who poisoned my mind with their lovely ideas about what good photography is, e.g. if you have one pixel overexposed THE PHOTO IS RUINED I TELL YOU

So now, years later, I'm getting into shooting myself and I find that most of my effort goes into unlearning all the bad advice I got over the years. I'm saying this because I was reading tuyop's process and internally going "Jesus christ they are blowing the gently caress out of that camper roof" but then looked at the final photo some time later and was like yeah it has this cool 70's postcard high-saturation film quality to it, cool edit.

My point is just shoot a lot, learn the tech ins and outs of editing of course, but in the end do whatever looks cool to you. It's ultimately about fining your own voice (or eye?).

Unrelated, I went to a cool concert

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

It's a band called Kadabra, they are from Washington I think.

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

but are you lovin' it

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

:popeye:

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

frumpykvetchbot posted:

tchotchke denied

crunk alley

:eyepop:

I'm gonna take a guess and say you live inside the movie Blade Runner (1982).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

Love the student overalls patches thing, cool tradition.

Unrelated, I live in Revachol.