Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

I've only had a real camera for a few weeks but I'm really enjoying it. Never before have I been able to get this close to the flappy little boys that congregate outside my office.

I tried some burst shots on this little guy, but on a 700D that didn't go so well. Won't be pressing that button again :sweatdrop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

tuyop posted:

What’s wrong with it? This is a good snapshot of a birb!

Thank you, I really have no idea what I'm doing half the time to be honest but I occasionally get a good shot. The photo turned out fine, it's just that the buffer size is so tiny you can get a much faster usable fps out of single shot.

Another pic to keep things going, I was taking some pictures of birds on the river the other day but I had been messing with some settings and forgot to reset everything so it came out slightly artier than I was trying for.

RillAkBea fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Apr 12, 2023

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Well the rainy season has finally finished (after a literally catastrophic storm in the past few days) which means its now summer in Japan and it's the cicada's time to shine!

MEEEEEEEP MEEP MEEP MEEP MEEP MEEP MEEP MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

While I've never had to rip off my own skin and grow a pair of wings in a hurry, I imagine it must be pretty difficult. Unfortunately, this little guy didn't make it. :smith:

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

I like how the colours came out on this one.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Japan has a lot of weird little alleyways, sometimes there's stuff at the end, sometimes there's not.

_____

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

I went downtown today to buy a smartwatch and ogle cameras I can’t afford (a9 III was pretty neat) and ended up running into a “revolutionary Marxist” peace rally.

Slogans included “Crush Russia’s invasion of Ukraine!” and “Condemn Israel’s mass genocide of the Gaza people!” which is a lot nicer than black van brigade at the very least.