Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Ihmemies posted:

Some more DCI-P3 HDR testing..

Do you move then hold or hold then move?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

There was a huge lightning storm out over Lake Michigan last night, so I hauled the ol 5D Classic out to try to capture some lightning.

Shot stopped all the way down to F22, ISO 100 with 20 second exposures.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I have yelled every goons username into the ocean and not poo poo has happened

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

That is the most futuristic looking primitive boat I’ve ever seen

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

For sure, I frequently find myself in areas that look gorgeous, but the pictures I take are directionless and messy.

It’s like thr primary reason I don’t really shoot landscapes

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

This isn't in the snow, and my recent snow shots I converted to b&w, but whatever

Love some good browns

Agreed but the greens are the star of this show, holy moly

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

How about a green filter for b&w forest shots? I’ve heard those help

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

There is zero reason that the markings in the sprocket area of Fuji 800 need to go this drat hard

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Palm made a phone that could shoot raw?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Agreed, and thats a hard image to nail, the dynamic range required to both capture the dark grass under the gondola and the light on the lake/sky is a difficult ask of most cameras.