Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

the amp hour was interesting early on, but then dave got too annoying for me.

plus 90% of the interview episodes are boring as gently caress. i mean how many times you you need to listen to the "ceo" (:jerkbag:) of some wanky little startup talk about how they get their bluetooth arduino dev boards made in china?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
yeah I noticed it’s Dave Jones. I stopped watching him when he got indignant about trans folk

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
the first season of on the metal was good

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe
agreed that I skip about half of the Chris&Dave episodes - the guests are super interesting for me though, they've had some real celebrities on there

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe

Sweevo posted:

plus 90% of the interview episodes are boring as gently caress. i mean how many times you you need to listen to the "ceo" (:jerkbag:) of some wanky little startup talk about how they get their bluetooth arduino dev boards made in china?

I actually really dig a lot of the interviews, they have some very interesting guests from all disciplines of EE

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

where i stopped listening was the point where the interviews went from being occasional to being every other episode or more (i want to say some time around episode 300?) and they went through a patch where all the guests were different people i'd never heard of talking about the exact same things (IoT, chinese manufacturing, and crowdsourcing). maybe they got over that eventually, but i'd already had enough of dave's stupid opinions. i might skim through the episode list and see if any guest names pop out...

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i know i constantly talk about restarting the zcast and flake every time but i'm now getting vaccinated and am going to try to do a mental health and also a socializing so i think it would be neat to try to stream/podcast again

i'm not sure about audio only because a lot of the things i talk about do well with slide shows or sketches or w/e but

i'm hopeful to kind of get back into that again

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

mediaphage posted:

unpopular opinion i guess but i am definitely not into gervais any more. i realized one day his whole schtick is just being a dick. often not even funny dick just “i am famous now and thus don’t need to adhere to the social niceties that lubricate society.” with respect to that show i’m not sure pilkington is exactly nice either but.

is that an unpopular opinion? he's become a real fucker since like 2012. that said I do still love all the podcasts, Karl and Steve winding each other up never gets old and I truly believe that Karl was never bothered by the relentless poo poo he caught on the show

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

indigi posted:

is that an unpopular opinion? he's become a real fucker since like 2012. that said I do still love all the podcasts, Karl and Steve winding each other up never gets old and I truly believe that Karl was never bothered by the relentless poo poo he caught on the show

i think so, i often seem to be the only person who in a given group or doesn't suck his cock every time he comes up idk

i mean he keeps getting shows and poo poo so he's certainly popular

Jonny 290 posted:

i know i constantly talk about restarting the zcast and flake every time but i'm now getting vaccinated and am going to try to do a mental health and also a socializing so i think it would be neat to try to stream/podcast again

i'm not sure about audio only because a lot of the things i talk about do well with slide shows or sketches or w/e but

i'm hopeful to kind of get back into that again

i have in the past done podcasts for other companies and it was always easier when you have a group to do it with. i keep wanting to work on stuff for my own things and i feel like why would anyone ever listen to my dumb poo poo. stupid brain. it's frustrating.

mediaphage fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Mar 19, 2021

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Thanks for playing Alone in the dark 2.

Now please fuck off

mediaphage posted:

i mean he keeps getting shows and poo poo so he's certainly popular

Yeah he is, I don't understand why. The only good thing he ever did was introducing Karl Pilkington to the world.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I'm listening to the Tasteless podcast its about broodwar. It's really good if you like broodwar.

https://soundcloud.com/tastelesspodcast

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE
Pretty sure that one of the members of Well There's Your Problem is in YOSPOS. AtomicThumbs gave them a Windows SN to make the Activate Windows watermark in their companion slideshow go away

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Jimmy Carter posted:

Pretty sure that one of the members of Well There's Your Problem is in YOSPOS. AtomicThumbs gave them a Windows SN to make the Activate Windows watermark in their companion slideshow go away

Do Not Eat is 100% a goon, I think he hangs out in the CSPAM public infrastructure thread.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Kamrat posted:

Yeah he is, I don't understand why. The only good thing he ever did was introducing Karl Pilkington to the world.

Extras is great, c’mon

Extras would be an all time comedy even if the only thing that ever got released was the corpsing special

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
I'll be a guest on any podcast whatever the topic

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

LeVar Burton Reads is a genuine treasure if you care at all about short fiction

and probably even if you don't; the man has a golden voice

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry
Dragon Friends - Australian comedians playing d & d for the first times. basically structured improv with some dice rolling.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

indigi posted:

its this. idgaf about ricky gervais and i think he often ruins the show, and has since show himself to be a huge dick, but just listening to Karl's theories and his absolute honesty is good enough for me to put up with it.

it will always be the Karl Pilkington Show to me...

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

refleks posted:

its this. idgaf about ricky gervais and i think he often ruins the show, and has since show himself to be a huge dick, but just listening to Karl's theories and his absolute honesty is good enough for me to put up with it.

it will always be the Karl Pilkington Show to me...

tbh i don’t like karl much either. merchant seems all right but he probably eats babies or something

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

Karl's shtick gets old quickly. Plus if you ever listened to the early radio shows they did where Karl was just the producer then he was a lot more normal and less stupid than he later became, so I always felt like he was playing it up a bit.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

oh well i was referring to those shows. the first xfm shows where he's the producer.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

Jimmy Carter posted:

What a waste that show is. Great topics but Donoteat doesn't assert himself strongly in conversation so you get Alice Alice Alice never shutting up. Sometimes she's funny but my man DNE should be the star, Franklin and his other videos rule

Content: Omega Tau is super nerdy in-depth interviews on spergy topics

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Analytic Engine posted:

What a waste that show is. Great topics but Donoteat doesn't assert himself strongly in conversation so you get Alice Alice Alice never shutting up

yeah DNE is a cool guy and his solo-stuff is good. Alice drags it down hard

anyways i'll recommend TRASHFUTURE and their spinoff Britainology episodes are great. it still has alice in it but she's much more relegated ot the background in it and more fits the tone, whereas it's just too overbearing in a DNE show. https://podcastaddict.com/podcast/2192263. rss feed they talk a lot about dumb trash technology, uk being a trash island, trans rights, luxury art world, or whatever

Xaris fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Mar 29, 2021

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

they also do reading series on the works of deranged Times columnists and 80s synth pop music by Dutch artist Johannes Vonk, it's pretty cool

Mike Duncan's Revolutions is absolutely amazing (you can probably skip the English and American ones if you want but otherwise it's really interesting and really well done)

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

yeah revolutions is good. the haitian and french seasons were the best imo but the american revolution one punched way above its weight.

i can't wait until the russian arc is finished so i can listen to it without having to wait for new episodes

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

rabbit hole was somewhat interesting

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
but enough about agricultural pest mitigation

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
I got an add for a new one called Depresh Mode that apparently talks about common mental disorders w/ guests or whatever

have not listened to it nor do I know the host but the name made me laugh so there ya go good jorb

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Feisty-Cadaver posted:

I got an add for a new one called Depresh Mode that apparently talks about common mental disorders w/ guests or whatever

have not listened to it nor do I know the host but the name made me laugh so there ya go good jorb

your own personal jesus
someone to hear your prayers
someone who cares
your own personal jesus
someone to hear your prayers
someone who's there

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

https://twitter.com/johnmoe/status/1377413061326213120

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka

Silver Alicorn posted:

two good podcasts I hightly recommend are General Intellect Unit (cybernetic marxists talk about cybersyn and stuff) and Art of the Score (australian composers breaking down movie scores) though they don't update all that frequently

in this vein interdependence hosted by holly herndon and may dryhurst is basically these to things meeting and is amazing

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

if you like fiction, old gods of appalachia is outstanding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Silver Alicorn posted:

Art of the Score (australian composers breaking down movie scores) though they don't update all that frequently

thanks for this