Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain McAllister
May 24, 2001

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

There has to be a word or term for a fix to a mass produced item that is not an actual fix of the original problem, but a subsequent add on that redirects the problem or changes its effect on the end user. A production kludge. A hardware patch. A recall mitigation unit.

Almost like how Samsung driers would throw themselves off balance and explode when you washed bedding on one of the bedding cycles and the fix was to send out new decals to put on the control panel that named the dangerous cycle something different.

I'm pretty sure there is, but the word is escaping my at the moment. The closest I can think of is 'revision'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain McAllister
May 24, 2001

https://youtu.be/3U02jPPAme0?si=I_CyzB5hwBQHVMPy

The video of it running/him riding it.