Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

Jaxyon posted:

Are you just going through his twitter and posting the first thign that isn't him being explicitly bigoted

Because do you think

A) The guy with some really really questionable writings on race and gender and who appears on the biggest white supremacist platform in the country is a big fan of Angela Davis

or

B) He's using someone that a large part of the left would agree is good to push a cynical self-centered argument trying to fight his own deplatforming

Hint: It's not A

Since when was Glenn at risk of being 'deplatformed' by his woke critics? I highly doubt he gives a crap. Him and his woke critics feed off each other. He's probably more concerned about Bolsanaro trying to jail him (or his supporters killing him).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)

Jaxyon posted:

You might want to tell Glenn, who was extremely upset about getting booted from the Intercept, and is constantly posting about his critics

Or the posters in this thread who say he has to appear on white supremacist TV shows because he can't get on TV anywhere else

But LOL at trying to secondhand "actually I'm not mad at all, and actually laughing" on behalf of a guy as lovely as GG

Glenn left the intercept not because of some woke brigade trying to get him fired, he left because of a big editorial dispute over an article he wanted to publish. Never in a million years would i consider that being 'deplatformed'.

Nobody has actually deplatformed him. And he's not at risk of being deplatformed.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)

Jaxyon posted:

Is the editorial staff of the Intercept the PC gone mad social justice warriors cancel culture woke brigade?

GG cannot fail he can only be failed

That's exactly what i said: it was an editorial dispute. I wouldn't call that a deplatforming at all. That's was an editorial dispute between him and his boss. He wanted to write a story, they wouldn't publish it, then he quit.

quote:

Deplatforming, also known as no-platforming, has been variously defined as an "attempt to boycott a group or individual through removing the platforms (such as speaking venues or websites) used to share information or ideas"[1] or "the action or practice of preventing someone holding views regarded as unacceptable or offensive from contributing to a forum or debate, especially by blocking them on a particular website."

^--- this is completely different than what happened here.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)

Jaxyon posted:

^^^^^ It's neat how you're very specific on the defiition of "deplatforming" but not "censorship"

Uh, because you specifically used the word 'deplatforming' and i was responding to that?

Sure, you could say he was 'censored' by his boss. But deplatforming is different, it's usually an outside activist thing to get someone booted of a website or prevented from being able to speak at a university because of some controversial view they held.

I would never use 'censor' and 'deplatforming' interchangeably though.

I highly doubt glenn gives a gently caress about people trying to get him kicked off twitter or whatever website he's on because it's highly unlikely to happen.