Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fill Baptismal
Dec 15, 2008
lol thinking there is the no difference between Tucker and Rachel Maddow is just some deeply stupid poo poo. It’s a kind of performative cynicism that ends up leaving you with just as little idea of what’s going as the most wide eyed naivety.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fill Baptismal
Dec 15, 2008
look you pathetic brunchgoing pmc libs, there’s my podcast with 40 listeners that calls for full communism now, and then there’s All Other Media, which, being pathetic tools of capital, are all essentially identitical.

Fill Baptismal
Dec 15, 2008

sean10mm posted:

Greenwald likes fascists unless they inconvenience him personally, because above all else he's an absolute narcissist with no actual principles.

This is basically it. The Brazil poo poo impacted him personally so he (rightfully!) treated it as incredibly dire and serious story. He doesn’t live in the US anymore, so things like Trump, the Jan 6 riot, etc. get laughed off as the hysterical cringe succdems being owned.

Greenwald is the end stage of the edgy contrarianism you see in some places that’s purportedly leftist, but is honestly just anti-liberal establishment above all else.

Fill Baptismal fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Mar 31, 2021

Fill Baptismal
Dec 15, 2008
If you like the kind of critique that Greenwald offers, particularly of cliquey media culture, but want it without the Greenwald, I’ve found Freddie deBoer an insightful and talented writer fwiw.

He’s not without his own mental health issues, which have caused him to do some bad/bizarre stuff in the past. But at least he’s upfront about those, and has apologized and sought treatment.

E: also he’s kind of a weird dude, so obligatory I don’t agree with with every etching he’s said, etc. etc.
I just think he’s interesting to read and appears to have an actual basis for his views rather than Greenwald’s contrarianism.

Fill Baptismal fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Mar 31, 2021