Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Haven't seen it mentioned, so lol remember when Greenwald got really mad because AOC told Ted Cruz to gently caress off, and then said this?

https://twitter.com/themattdimitri/status/1355630170523111425?s=20

I don't give a gently caress what your politics are, or how you feel about AOC, or what side of Force the Vote you were on, mocking a survivor of sexual assault for their response to an incredibly traumatic event because they didn't even have any bruises and Why Can't They Just Get Over It makes you an unforgivably enormous piece of poo poo. In this case, however, it's just one more part that makes up the absolute mountain of poo poo that is Glenn Greenwald.

p.s. Jimmy Dore is also an enormous piece of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Why the gently caress are you typing ~problematic~ like that?

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

I'm admittedly not a youtube or podcast guy so I don't know anything about the ppl who made this video, but I thought it was an interesting analysis of Greenwald's allure to the left, despite him very much not being a leftist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQ-lxwBTXUw

e: lol at seeing the thumbnail after i posted it

I think this is a pretty broad way of defining nazi, and I have a hard time understanding how this definition wouldn't lead you to calling all liberals nazis/fascists. Which is an argument that some ppl on this site will make, but I suspect that it's not what you're intending. Completely agree that Glenn is not some bastion of leftist ideals, that was literally my point.

Yeah but the person I was responding to was using "no one has any idea who this person is" as the metric for fringiness, and I strongly suspect that ppl on PBS Newshour or NPR aren't going to have much name recognition with the general public either. GG is a Pulitzer winning journalist that has been associated with major mainstream outlets, so I think it's fair to say he's a prominent figure in the media even if that doesn't mean he's a household name.

And ultimately it's kind of beside the point I was trying to make -- you're not getting a ton of criticism of neoliberalism on NPR or PBS. And I'm saying this as someone that listened to NPR daily and loved it, in pre-Covid times. If you're looking for neoliberal criticism, you don't have to go too far into the fringes to find GG, and I guess what I'm saying is, I don't think there are a lot of leftists with the same type of prominence, hence GG's popularity*.

*in addition to his shitposting energy, which i find simultaneously off-putting and entertaining

e:

Only meant to do it once, to be tongue in cheek about using a term that i think has kind of ~jumped the shark~. Hope that clears it the gently caress up!

When you do that in reference to a bunch of transphobic comments, it looks pretty lovely and dismissive, regardless of what you think about some term (problematic is way too mild for a number of his takes anyway).