Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Fart Amplifier posted:

I literally thought he must have been quoting someone else. Holy poo poo

Michael Tracey has been extremely fa for a very long time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Quotey posted:

Payment processors, banks and card networks should be as neutral as possible. If it's not directly involved with a crime then let it through (I'm sure there's also things like blacklisting chargebackers and poo poo). Some guy at Paypal deciding whether your case or bail is worth funding is abhorrent. Especially Paypal! Remember SA's Katrina issue?

How directly is directly?

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Fart Amplifier posted:

Glenn is all about the "Free speech means we have to accept ideas we don't like, unless it's journalistic interns talking about the fascist capital rioters for some reason."

Glenn is all about the "Free speech means you have to accept ideas that you don't like, and I don't have to read any negative feedback."

Quotey posted:

No idea, you'd have to get someone decent who knows about this stuff to write guidance/a law on it! The MATCH stuff Mastercard uses seems reasonable enough, although I don't know the full details of #7 and #10. However, that only accounts for merchants?

I mean, I expect you could just leave whatever processes they have in place to detect crime and otherwise don't review individual transactions. I think something like this came up with Operation Chokepoint being shuttered, but again that was entire businesses/sectors rather than individuals.

The neutrality of companies have to have limits, and one of those limits has to be "the systems on which my business relies are under threat." You shouldn't be legally forced to provide gasoline to someone who is stating that they want to use it to burn down your house. The QAnon rioters don't want the basically unregulated free enterprise that "tech companies" like PayPal rely on, they want America to become a complete totalitarian autocracy under permanent god emperor Donald Trump with the economy rebuilt for total war with the goal of destroying everything that is not America.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1377247746156036103

His objection isn't about her. It's about himself and his nazi buddies.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Quotey posted:

How is it even possible to respond to this? I think that you're protecting your nazi buddies from Glenn Greenwald!

It's really on you to make sure that whatever lovely little post you quote from his twitter isn't immediately followed up by GG being a self-serving JAQ moron

Also if I have any nazi buddies please let me know directly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Jaxyon posted:

Is the editorial staff of the Intercept the PC gone mad social justice warriors cancel culture woke brigade?

GG cannot fail he can only be failed

But remember it's important to give voice to people who disagree with you, as long as the people disagreeing with you agree with Glenn Greenwald!