Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Neurolimal posted:

It doesn't matter if they did it because they lust for whistleblower death or are saintly angels who just happened to argue for pages on end in ways that would make Fishmech blush that nothing was suspicious. Their personal motives don't change whether they were right or wrong (they were wrong, as we have now seen). If they were right, then their bloodlust would not matter, just as the political affiliation of the people who give rape cases more attention does not matter. It's just additional snark.

Are you trying to discuss things with people in the thread? I can't help but notice that even though you're quoting people and acting as though you're responding to them, your actual arguments are aimed exclusively at responding to a nebulous "they" who absolutely positively do not post here on SA. If you're gonna argue with people, argue with the points they're actually making, not with the points you've seen conservatives make on Twitter.

Slanderer posted:

He's also an antisemite, if that helps. gently caress glenn greenwald forever, he's a pedo groomerr who wants to see every latinx person dead

I'd encourage people to include at least specifics when they're hurling around stuff like this. It's vague enough that no one will understand it except those who already agree with you, and heated enough that someone's gonna ask what you mean anyway, so why not just explain it up front?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Quotey posted:

Payment processors, banks and card networks should be as neutral as possible. If it's not directly involved with a crime then let it through (I'm sure there's also things like blacklisting chargebackers and poo poo). Some guy at Paypal deciding whether your case or bail is worth funding is abhorrent. Especially Paypal! Remember SA's Katrina issue?

Pretty sure SA's Katrina issue had more to do with, as astral put it recently, "[setting] off pretty much every fraud alarm possible".

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Quotey posted:

Probably right to be honest- but didn't they force donating to a preapproved list of charities rather than the one SA wanted? That's the issue. Freezing >100k in payments in <week to some random's Paypal is fine. Man, you're probably going to tell me that the charity they wanted was Lowtax' Hurricane Repairs.

Nah, Lowtax claimed he tried to tell them to just take the money from him and donate it directly to the Red Cross, and he claimed they refused because they had a contract with United Way to do all their own donation activities through them. Though personally, I suspect they weren't especially impressed by his "if you're so sure I'm a fraudster that you locked my account, why don't you steal all this potentially fraudulent money from me and donate it to my chosen charity" pitch.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

lil poopendorfer posted:

how does this latest tweet fit into the 'glenn is a transphobe' narrative

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1376904132406210565

What, you mean him putting gender dysphoria in quotes like that didn't instinctively set off alarm bells in your head?

https://greenwald.substack.com/p/the-ongoing-death-of-free-speech

quote:

Because I have not read Shrier’s book, I have no opinion whatsoever on the argument it makes, though I did watch her Rogan appearance and listened to her Megyn Kelly interview and found several questions she raised to be reasonable and worthy of further examination. I confess to an instinctive discomfort with the book’s title — “Irreversible Damage: The Transgender Craze Seducing Our Daughters” — as redolent of the destructive trope long used against gay men as predators seeking to recruit and “seduce” children into becoming gay. And I know that the legal and cultural assault on trans people is very real, and fervently believe trans people have the absolute right to full legal protection of and respect for their identities (Shrier herself has repeatedly said she also believes this: “I fully support medical transition for mature adults,” she wrote in her Quillette article).

But the question of whether young teens are being misdiagnosed with gender dysphoria, and at what age they are capable of making choices to permanently alter their bodies and identities, is of course a question society is exploring and should be able to explore in good faith without being demonized as bigots.

Between that and his previously-posted perception that lesbians are now branding themselves trans, his position seems pretty clear: he is in principle opposed to legal discrimination against trans people, but he's prone to just asking questions about whether trans people are actually really trans. He does not believe that he hates trans people, but he nevertheless buys into transphobic myths designed to cast doubt on their existence and invalidate their feelings.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

hbag posted:

just got told to "explain in my own words why glenn is bad" lol

please don't liveblog your adventures in other forums here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
okay i think we've reached the point where (like every dedicated threads for internet personalities) things collapse into an incredible mess because people have insanely strong views about people who post on the internet