Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

Dapper_Swindler posted:

https://greenwald.substack.com/p/video-with-katie-herzog-on-the-expansion

here is the direct link to his little shitfuck TERF bullshit. I honestly never ever ever want to hear about Glenn allegedly doing something good ever again. I don’t care. He is a NIMBY rear end in a top hat who is cool fistbumping tucker and other nazi fucks as long as they aren't Brazilian and now he is spewing their messages for them on twitter because he is a weird rear end in a top hat.

I generally stay the hell away from Twitter, so thanks for linking this. Usually I only ever hear about Glenn from an old right-wing college friend who cites him and Bari Weiss whenever he needs launder a viewpoint through a source he thinks I'll defer to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

Dapper_Swindler posted:

https://twitter.com/SababaUSA/status/1374158762035003407

what a loving idiot. like the funniest thing is i think he is legit surprised.

Does this rear end in a top hat seriously believe that Republicans can be cozied up to?

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

Yeah, I'm pretty sure "safely ignored" is exactly how this forum reacts to Maddow, or most any mainstream commentator to be honest. I only ever hear about her from angry right-wing relatives.

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

Fart Amplifier posted:

Part of it is also that he seems to pick and choose when he advocates certain things in such a way that he's almost always defending alt right fascist/racists.

Yeah, every time someone I know pushes forward a Glenn take as a point it's with an air of "ya gotta hand it to 'em" when we, in fact, do not. A few assholes on my social media periphery have dedicated themselves to picking apart the reporter's work history to show that she is, in fact, a deep state imperialist and therefore a bigger threat than the mainstreaming of fascism in the GOP.

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

Ah yeah, the old "A leftist with poor parents is envious. A leftist with rich parents is doing it out of guilt."

Grammarchist fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Mar 30, 2021

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

Back when there was some big flare up over whether the insurrectionists were using zip ties or whatever back in January I tried to read through Glenn's Twitter without logging in. Twitter immediately recommended I check out Bari Weiss, Andy Ngo, Dave Rubin and that one cartoon guy who "thoughtfully" lamented that gays weren't satisfied with being allowed to marry.

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

Back when "being gay" was controversial I knew plenty of libertarians who would "boldly" state that they personally didn't have any problem with LGBT people and didn't agree with state action against them. They'd still spend most of their time attacking the left, and LGBT activists, for being hysterical on the matter and would take severe umbrage at being called out for supporting conservative leaders. Naturally they've moved on to focusing really hard on "Trans extremism" while still insisting they're personally okay with "good ones."

Basically early era South Park where they "hate conservatives, but really hate liberals."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

hbag posted:

i have no loving clue who this guy is and i cant tell is the cspam thread is loving with me or not

I only vaguely knew of him as a U.S. foreign policy skeptic and figured "fair enough" and never looked into him beyond that. I never really used Twitter though, so he only resurfaced on my radar when the Hunter Biden stories kept failing to launch, and even then Rudy's antics were a lot funnier and easier to follow.