Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

eke out posted:

a lot of glenn's success came from, basically, learning to shut the gently caress up about most of the things that show what his actual bad opinions are. which is a good strategy when you have bad opinions about some things and good ones about others and it worked really well for him for more than a decade

while he was focusing almost exclusively on the war on terror, mass surveillance, etc, people who liked his work could easily forget about the kind of things he was blogging about in 2004 (if they ever knew he thought those things at all, which i think 99% of people didn't).

but since the period that roughly started with his complete denialism about all russian interference in the 2016 election (which triggered neverending arguments between him and effectively everyone else not on the right and made him a very attractive guest on fox news as a 'liberal' journalist that didn't believe all that fake bullshit the democrat party is impeaching trump for) it's all been downhill

Yeah. I only really started catching on to Greenwald's poo poo after the launch of The Intercept. I definitely had a positive opinion of him through the Snowden era and I missed all the warning signs that people are pointing out now. It's definitely true that modern media letting him just vomit all of his thoughts out as soon as they enter his brain has shown how much he sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU