Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
I don't think GG has ever claimed to be a leftist; he's been a pretty standard civil libertarian for as long as I can remember. He's also had his brain poisoned from being way too online and is either addicted to the attention or actually makes real money from being an extremely annoying contrarian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Jaxyon posted:

I think he's been pretty consistently a racist no real need to say contrarian or "brain poisoned". The only benefit of the doubt he gets was because he was a stopped clock about the also racist US government and Bolsonaro

I think the racism is a separate (but very real) issue from the increasingly esoteric positions and feuds he works himself into due to constant Twitter namesearching.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Epicurius posted:

Greenwald claimed no responsibility in the matter.

Why would he? By all accounts he had no involvement in the Reality Winner story.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Epicurius posted:

When they told him about the story, he had told them it was no big deal, and refused to take any sort of involvement in it. Besides, he had founded the thing. While he had stepped back from a big role by that point, he still could have asked that basic levels of security be followed.

That's a stretch. There are plenty of things to dislike about GG without blaming him for something that wasn't under his purview. Betsy Reed deserves most of the blame for Reality Winner's fate (and Trump and Biden for refusing to pardon her).