Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Neurolimal posted:

Glenn Greenwald is a contrarian rear end in a top hat. He's done important work up into the modern times, recently signal boosting Ryan Grim's efforts to expose the Massachusetts democratic party for trying to push "CREEPY GAY TEACHER TOUCHING YOUR CHILDREN" tropes to protect an anti-M4A stooge. He is also a 54 year old liberal, which means he has a bunch of lovely opinions. Just as with literally every journalist (and considering the caliber of reporter tweets posted in USPOL, this should already be gospel) and news organization it's important to discern their biases and poo poo beliefs, and ignore them on those subjects.

You mean the completely unsubstantiated claim on the MDP when they said, talk to an attorney if you are creeped out by this guy. The same guy who admitted to dating students much younger than him but that's ok but you don't understand LGBTQ? And then got the wrong student democratic party and said he had the texts to back it up with weird texts that made no sense? Like what 21 year old says I am setting up Alex Morse to get an internship with Neal?

You realize this reeks of if its my side its ok right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Solkanar512 posted:

Who the gently caress cares about Rachel Maddow, other than the fact that she isn’t an anti-trans bigot?

I am going to guess this is going to lead to something MSNBC supports the Democratic Party, therefore you are the rube, unlike Glenn Greenwald defender of truth.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Sanguinia posted:

The "poor powerless," Capitol Rioters were mostly rich as gently caress, this has been proven multiple times. Thanks for playing Glen, you loving Nazi

I have talked about this in terms of the 90s but there are some free speech/freedom of "expression" hardliners because of the whole controversy around naughty lyrics/violent video games that really warped people. I used to think Glenn was one of these, free speech means having to accept ideas we don't like but his slide into nazism and white supremacy really makes me question a lot of the things he has done in the past and that includes the Intercept.