Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Once you tune into Glenn Greenwald's contempt for women, it becomes impossible to ignore. When he spent a weekend caking on clown makeup in defense of Aaron Coleman, his replies were full of women trying to tell him he wasn't seeing the forest for the trees, and he didn't care. Even when more and more came out, he minimized it and pretended he didn't say things he clearly said. Aaron Coleman said "medicare for all" into a mic, and that just meant more to Glenn than the women Aaron Coleman had hurt so recently. All over a single who gives a gently caress state legislature seat.

If it's a woman with a stateside media job, hooooly poo poo it just sends his hate into overdrive. He dangled Lauren Wolfe, an NYT contractor who had the gall to express relief at the sight of Biden landing in DC in front of his 1.6 million followers. She got fired, and he simultaneously treated it like a win and did the "what who me" at anyone who tried to connect even a part of her firing on his actions.

When AOC spoke honestly about her experience in the Capitol Hill insurrection, and how that affected her, there was Glenn saying she was full of it. She was making more of it than it was. This rear end in a top hat who has experienced the US entirely online since 2013 knew better than she, a person who was there, did. He was certain of it.

Taylor Lorenz, a New York Times reporter who is hated by Silicon Valley VCs - we can all agree they are some of the worst people that exist - posted an earnest thread on International Women's Day about how her real, meatspace life has been upended by persistent harassment campaigns against her. Glenn spent the day saying she was full of poo poo, that the harassment she was experiencing wasn't real, and that she should shut up.

Just today, hilariously, he accused Gita Jackson, she of a grand total of 35,000 Twitter followers, of harassing him as he spent the day being "just asking questions" guy about racist violence against AAPI folks in the US. Because she quote tweeted him and said he was dumb.

Any time there is a woman standing between Glenn and his own righteousness, he dives all the way in. It's impossible to ignore once you're seeing it, and it's a load-bearing column in the poo poo Tower that is his presence in the discourse. This, paired with his inability to refrain from correcting people who live here from his house in Brazil about phenomena that exist right outside their front door, makes him a black hole. Just sucking in oxygen and adding nothing. Just taking away. Taking away people's attention, taking away prominence from someone else who deserves it more than he does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Free speech crusader Glenn Greenwald thinks a chud Circuit Court Judge who wants to overturn Sullivan is cool and good because she DESTROYED the mainstream media with FACTS and LOGIC in a glorified email forward she submitted as a dissent.

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1372941568584335361?s=19

There is literally nothing more important to this man than a list of newspapers he doesn't like getting taken down a peg. Nothing. Everything he says is working backwards from NYT Bad.

TheScott2K fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Mar 19, 2021

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Fart Amplifier posted:

Only a complete moron would suggest that the US media is ideologically homogenized.

Only a complete moron (like this judge and I guess Glenn) would suggest that said homogenization is somehow censoring conservatives.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Halloween Jack posted:

I don't have a strong opinion on Greenwald, but I am curious as to why the USPol thread melts down about him pretty much every single day. The last time it was some person just begging for a random leftist to show up and defend Greenwald like they were posting a Craigslist hookup ad.

Good news! There's a thread you can read.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

An intern at USA Today published a story that made the chud-sphere, and since Glenn hates women he went ahead and joined in with his usual bullshit

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1376282005479038976?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Glenn's bizarro-world takes on everything relating to the Capitol insurrection really highlight the weaknesses of trying to remotely cover the domestic affairs of a country you haven't set foot in for the better part of a decade. This dude "but actually"'d AOC describing her first-hand experience in the busing that day. Total loser poo poo. Zero insight.