Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Glenn Greenwald is a guy who is perfectly cool with fascism as long as its boot is not directly on his neck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Terminal autist posted:

Bold assertion when every facet of news media in America is compromised by capital. You couldn't measure the degrees of seperation in ideology between the people that sign Tucker's check or Maddow's.

Why does this matter at all in a discussion of the many odious, indefensible things Glenn Greenwald does? And by the way, his reasoning for his objections could not be more obvious: he's still butthurt that his editors wouldn't let him publish an unsourced, unverified smear in their paper.

Fritz Coldcockin fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Mar 19, 2021

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Eugene V. Dubstep posted:

oh no not my whole rear end. between that and letting the mask slip ALL the way off, golly, not a good look 4 me

Why are you going to bat for a person who hates trans people; personally, I feel like that's not a good look

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Jaxyon posted:

Listen it's not that GG is a bigot, he can't be, he's gay and dates a non-white person. Everyone knows that makes you immune to being a bigot.

Right, much like known non-bigots Candace Owens and Milo Yiannopoulos.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
I once got Glenn Greenwald to tell me on Twitter that it didn't matter that he went on Tucker Carlson because he didn't make money off the appearances.

I didn't have the heart to tell him that made things even worse.

I mean, there's the TERFism, the signal-boosting of white supremacy, the shitfit he threw at the Intercept over the Hunter Biden non-story...there is no reason to die on Glenn Greenwald Hill anymore. It is very clear that he hates what he perceives as "liberalism" more than honest-to-God fascism, as is evidenced by all his actions over the last decade or so. There are other foreign policy journalists that do real good work and get drowned out by this turd because he's the loudest voice in the room.

Fritz Coldcockin fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Mar 25, 2021

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Funny how Glenn can use "I gave the President the benefit of the doubt" as an excuse and his defenders will allow it, and yet none of the Senators who used it are given the same courtesy. He loves to pretend that he's the smartest person in the room, and yet he fell for the big lie just like a lot of other people and tried to pretend he didn't because he "wasn't political".

You don't get to say this and bill yourself as some sort of crusader against government overreach in the foreign policy arena, hope that helps.

Fritz Coldcockin fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Mar 25, 2021

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Slanderer posted:

He was in 2004, as he freely admits. What's your excuse for believing Rachel Maddow in 2021?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

We don't give a flying gently caress about Rachel Maddow; why is she at all germane to a conversation about a man who espouses TERFism, signal-boosts white supremacy, and cheers fascism as long as the boot isn't on his neck?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

tom kite posted:

The dude whose journalism contributed to freeing Lula is a nazi, you make no sense

Being a Nazi or Nazi sympathizer doesn't require him to goose-step and wear a swastika armband, dude. A simple examination of Greenwald's body of work shows him to be an intellectually dishonest, terminal contrarian who spent so long defending Nazis that he became one himself.