Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Winged Nosk is more of a King Vengefly variant than a Nosk variant, huh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Tenebrais posted:

Winged Nosk is more of a King Vengefly variant than a Nosk variant, huh.

I think people are used to regular nosk and being able to corner hide, and you can't do that on winged

Lynneth
Sep 13, 2011
Sisters of Battle is the best battle in-game bar none. The only way it could be better would be if they had shared HP, because then they'd all just keep fighting together until the end. I think there's a mod for that, but I don't know what it's called, sadly.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

i just cheated myself access to godhome to access the sisters of battle because there is no way i'm doing the pantheons legit, can confirm they're super fun

flying nosk is a huge letdown tho, like it's arguably even easier than normal nosk who was already already a pretty weak fight

btw this is prob too late to get it into a regular episode but there is exactly one very minor bit of exploration left that i'm pretty sure tea has forgotten about there is another essence tree inside the snail shaman's shell in the infected crossroads

Tau Wedel
Aug 3, 2007

I'm fine. Everything's fine. There is no reason to worry.
Thank you so much for giving a flower to Elderbug. It is the best thing you can do in Hollow Knight, his reaction is so great. :3:

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

And that is all she wrote for us. This is the formal end of the LP. As we say profusely in the episode, but no less here, thank you so so much for watching and commenting along. Your interaction means a huge deal to us and honestly I've been enjoying the hell out of looking at the comments from the past. I honestly can't quite get over how this LP has progressed and just how long it's been going with all of you following us. A massive thanks also needs to go to Bifauxnen who is always always a hero in these LPs for getting us title cards and art super quick.

To ask two cheeky things, please do rate this thread on the forum. I usually don't ask but I think this is probably our best work. The second is to ask for the usual youtube things, please do subscribe to the channel if you enjoyed what you saw.

Tea and I will be on official hiatus until the release of Metroid Dread on October 8th, with what i anticipate will be the first episode on October 11th. (My birthday!)

However, I will be streaming my attempts at the Pantheon of Hallownest and the Path of Pain.

The first of these streams is scheduled for Wednesday at 10pm BST, 5pm EST and I ideally intend to keep streaming at around the same time I would release episodes, so Monday, Wednesday and Friday. If you'll forgive me, I'll keep bumping this thread with those streams as long as they're going.

In the meantime for standard LP work, I have a bit of a passion project that I'm working on that is likely to see its release in the next few weeks, so please do keep an eye out for that.

As a final addition, here's a little bit of Fanart we got sent and I personally think it's absolutely great!

Again, thank you all so much and we will catch you in a month's time!

Natural 20 fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Sep 6, 2021

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Congrats on making it to 112%, this was one amazing LP.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
This was a really fantastic LP of a really fantastic game!

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Great work on the LP guys, thanks for the hours of entertainment

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Natural 20 posted:

Your interaction means a huge deal to us and honestly I've been enjoying the hell out of looking at the comments from the past.

I hope you're enjoying our anguish at you not buying/using gathering swarm in the early parts.

Honestly thank you for doing this because it finally got me to finish my speed/steel soul run to finish off those final achievements. It was enjoyable watching you play this.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

I beat the fourth pantheon thanks to encouragement from this thread, so I've joined the 112% club :toot:

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

great job on the LP lads, very much enjoyed this in a way that I haven't for ages. Definite :five: from me

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
Hooray! Here's a speedrun to celebrate:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Koct0kvykw

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Solitair posted:

Hooray! Here's a speedrun to celebrate:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Koct0kvykw
Man speedrunners are getting crazy these days, I can barely tell what's happening!

Banemaster
Mar 31, 2010
Thanks for the neat LP!

I have played through Hollow Knight like three times, so I had forgotten how it feels like during the first playthrough.

Explopyro
Mar 18, 2018

This was a great LP, and I really enjoyed watching Nat go from frustration to falling in love with the game.

I'm still not sure what to make of Hollow Knight overall; I never quite got around to playing it, and I think a lot of it would frustrate me more than I'd enjoy it (but then that's never stopped me playing a game before... I can be stubborn). The discussions of how different types of difficulty work in games that it engendered were quite interesting, regardless.

Edit: by sheer coincidence, I just covered the Hollow Knight tribute room in Bug Fables.

Explopyro fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Sep 7, 2021

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Great job Nat! Though on the subject of his skill level and this game's overall difficulty, kinda got me wishing you were playing the PC version. Would have loved to see some of your reactions to the modded versions of some already tough fights like Nightmare King Grimm and the Pure Vessel, and that's not getting into the other superboss in the final Pantheon that has been revamped even further by some seriously sadistic hackers.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I'm just glad that you ended up liking the game so much!

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Shitenshi posted:

Great job Nat! Though on the subject of his skill level and this game's overall difficulty, kinda got me wishing you were playing the PC version. Would have loved to see some of your reactions to the modded versions of some already tough fights like Nightmare King Grimm and the Pure Vessel, and that's not getting into the other superboss in the final Pantheon that has been revamped even further by some seriously sadistic hackers.

I am playing on PC! If you can point me to things where you can just fight dudes then I'll see if I can get them in after the Godhome/Path of Pain streams.

Explopyro posted:

Edit: by sheer coincidence, I just covered the Hollow Knight tribute room in Bug Fables.

Bug Fables spoiling Millibelle and me not noticing was absolutely incredible.

Natural 20 fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Sep 7, 2021

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
Congrats on finishing this awesome Let's Play. Your skill was always astonishing, as was witnessing your exploration and the attempts by tea to guide you. Good poo poo, I've really enjoyed it. Too bad I'll have to save Metroid until after I've beaten it, and I am a slow gamer :v:

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
Thanks for the LP :) Probably the most entertaining blind LP I've ever watched.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013

Natural 20 posted:

I am playing on PC! If you can point me to things where you can just fight dudes then I'll see if I can get them in after the Godhome/Path of Pain streams.

So I'll admit, I have no idea here. Videos of the modded versions started popping up in my Youtube suggestions after I watched you take on NKG and others, and I know that these other versions exist, at least. I don't know if there's a boss only mod out there or something like that which would let you skip straight to them, because that would rule. Would definitely put your skills to the test and give new meaning to terms like path of pain while making the actual Path of Pain look like chump change by comparison.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Shitenshi posted:

So I'll admit, I have no idea here. Videos of the modded versions started popping up in my Youtube suggestions after I watched you take on NKG and others, and I know that these other versions exist, at least. I don't know if there's a boss only mod out there or something like that which would let you skip straight to them, because that would rule. Would definitely put your skills to the test and give new meaning to terms like path of pain while making the actual Path of Pain look like chump change by comparison.
This mod looks like it could be... interesting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=056pyqKJavw

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Have either of you guys done the Outer Wilds?

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Modding Steam HK is relatively painless. You just gotta choose to opt into betas from the Steam menu to downgrade your version of the game (the only option listed should be v.1.4.3.2 so pick that one) and then use the mod installer to cherry pick what mods you want. IIRC there should be a Steam guide with both download links and an explanation of what each mod does.

Thanks for the LP, you two. I may not be able to follow live but I'll definitely watch any bonus videos you upload later.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013

Carpator Diei posted:

This mod looks like it could be... interesting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=056pyqKJavw

I've seen a lot of boss related mods that add new twists to attack patterns and maybe a few environmental hazards, but never to the extent that it's a full on kaizo boss fight. Hot drat.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

I've seen some fun fights. Like the sister of battle + traitor lord all at once, markoth with literally no floor, not even platforms etc. There's even a Cagey Carnation from Cuphead boss fight mod.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2301964840

Try this link. I haven't tried it or any mods myself, but I know there's a pretty active mod scene for HK.

Worst case you might have to go into the discord server and see if there's a better up to date guide with working links for mods

Marluxia fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Sep 8, 2021

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Shitenshi posted:

I've seen a lot of boss related mods that add new twists to attack patterns and maybe a few environmental hazards, but never to the extent that it's a full on kaizo boss fight. Hot drat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQKMw0J9Rn8

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013

I've seen modded versions of that boss before, and it just dawned on me on how little freedom hackers typically give overall in these hard mode approaches. Maybe I'm just desensitized from the constant spamming of attacks that require players to constantly be dodging to the point that I've started to think while watching these, "Okay, you're constantly on your feet and there's little wiggle room for error, but really, what else is there to suggest this is actually difficult?" And then the required pogo-ing stuff comes, and that's when I think this is the hardest thing ever.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Cactus posted:

Have either of you guys done the Outer Wilds?

Tea hasn't and I think he'd really enjoy it.

For me it's the perfect storm of things everyone loves that I absolutely can't stand.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
It begins.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

This absolute bastard made it to Absolute Radiance first try.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

someone please edit the Absolute Radiance title card to say Absolute Bastard

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Nat, congratulations on your emblemtuber debut!

Also getting up to the final final boss of the gauntlet immediately, that's absolutely nuts.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

In honor of you making it there on your first try.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Thanks for the fantastic LP. Thread title proposal for Metroid: Space Jump Lamentation Station.

Quackles posted:

In honor of you making it there on your first try.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

For a moment I thought you were going to beat it on your first try, you madlad. Clearly I underestimated the monstrous difficulty of this boss, which... Sheesh! The frequency of attacks makes some sequences feel really unfair. Also the particle effects and color palette do not help. Like there were multiple points in which I went "wait what even hit him just now?".

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

GimmickMan posted:

For a moment I thought you were going to beat it on your first try, you madlad. Clearly I underestimated the monstrous difficulty of this boss, which... Sheesh! The frequency of attacks makes some sequences feel really unfair. Also the particle effects and color palette do not help. Like there were multiple points in which I went "wait what even hit him just now?".

The orbs are the worst for that, I've been hit by him quite a few times because I just couldn't see them.

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence
Trying to keep track of white and orange hitboxes on a white and orange background is migraine inducing, i hate it.

The reverse is a problem with some bosses, thinking of Collector and Pure Vessel in particular, but it's not nearly as egregious with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Vaguely disappointed Nat didn't accidentally kill ascended absolute radiance on the first try :v:

Holy moly tho, that was incredible, making it on the first run.

btw, did you ever try the Flukenest charm out? IIRC it's the most damaging attack in the game if everything hits. I probably wouldn't try it on the super bosses, but there are benches in the panetheon, if you're continuing, might be nice to clear out some of those weaker bosses more quickly.

Marluxia fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Sep 9, 2021