Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

I think in a way Quirrel, the Last Stag, and others are basically gods and immune to the effects of aging, thus the whole higher being bit and stuff going on here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

That links to episode 49 not 48

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

YggiDee posted:

Even with all of the Roots and Dream Warriors that only gets you 1582 Essence. You can't get the awakened nail without murdering a Dream Boss.

Edit: unrelated, but I think the White Lady is a fungus. Okay, so mushrooms are like icebergs. The but you see above ground is 10% of whole fungus and the remaining 90% is a gnarly white root system. And the Lady seems like a stationary sort though her roots stretch very far indeed.

This would make a lot of sense given the relationships between many insects and fungi, in symbiotic terms

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

my thoughts for those spikes where you needed to get by 4 at once, why not crystal dash? I feel that would have put you through it much more safely.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

I sat down and binged every episode I missed.

Nat 20 I just have to say, you do a lot better on bosses when you don't panic and don't get greedy on healing.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Dareon posted:

Watching Nat quickly get a read on Oro & Mato and Tea just losing his poo poo was just :kiss:

And they're fairly simple, no big surprises with range or hitboxes. It's practically the Mantis Lords.

I am only here really to watch Nat cause Tea distress via not failing on bosses.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Marluxia posted:

Oh yeah, at a minimum, up to the third pantheon should be attempted. Sheo and Sly are cool bosses, and I'd like to see Nat try Pure Vessel in the fourth pantheon too, but the final pantheon is... rough. Given how Nat has been blowing through the bosses that we expected to go poorly, it might just be possible, but Absolute Radiance really isn't worth the effort. And seconding Path of Pain.

Given how Nat does things Nat will just blow through absolute radiance on the first go,

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

C-Euro posted:

Also this was a few episodes back, but I think I read once that the retainers in the White Palace only bow to you if you have the King's Brand? But I've never been to the White Palace without it so I can't say for certain. Would be a neat detail if that was the case.

It would make complete sense to me if that were the case. I don't feel the dev team would have ignored that detail.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

the Godseekers by their own words are trying to worship these beings of hallownest... for what reasons, well i'm sure nat will figure it out, while making yorkshire tea cry.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Fantastic Foreskin posted:

No, but the implication is that this area, and most likely all of the lifeblood, are the dream of that thing, in the same way greenpath is the dream of Unn

So what is Joni's connection with that thing?

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Nat did some very expert pogo murdering to keep the numbers down.

Nat, Clear the flower quest, I don't care if you just go really slowly, CLEAR IT so I can hear some whining from yorkshire tea.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Marluxia posted:

I like how the thread has slowly reverted from wanting to see Natural20 suffer to see Yorkshire Tea suffer.

Nat is going to suffer doing the quest, look how badly Nat did with just FINDING the flower lady.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Rappaport posted:

Isn't the crystal dude boss basically a Mega Man boss?

I was just thinking that.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Marluxia posted:

This.. this was what I was waiting for. Nat suffering. I'd noticed it during the first encounters with them but Nat has no patience and kept trying to move toward them which just makes them worse. You're just supposed to wait until they attack and you react accordingly. But I will admit that the third tier of grimmkins do suck more than the first two.

But like, they're not actually programmed to hide inside walls. It's just the way that Nat moves toward them and they move away, and before they can move back in, their attack is triggered.

Its really this, all Nat HAD to do is wait a moment for them to wind up, then he could dash in and start hitting

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Well the Radiance is a moth, the pale king can be possibly attributed to a butterfly in his metamorphosis and motif of rebirth after death

Which reminds me... the Pale King might be "dead" inside of his palace, but his palace is just a dream. possibly the wyrm might revive once more in the future once the plague is passed

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

I think most of the grubs left are fake grubs actually?

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

You skipped the other ending from the void heart vs black egg that tea was trying to take you to by having you NOT.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Pure Vessel looks fun though.

I bet Nat will enjoy this fight.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Tenebrais posted:

Winged Nosk is more of a King Vengefly variant than a Nosk variant, huh.

I think people are used to regular nosk and being able to corner hide, and you can't do that on winged

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Nat could have cleared absolute radiance if Nat had just remained calm and didn't try to attack spam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Very good jorb Nat. I highly enjoyed the whole series.