Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
A side point I have on the difference between a difficulty setting and an accessibility mode:
You are able to turn a real accessibility option on and off, like inverting your mouse. If you have to decide before even trying the game it is not an accessibility option.
Strict pre-game choice means the easiest mode is the default, and the rest is only for people who want to brag about it to other people.
If you want to play a "hard" game as closely as intended as is possible with your needs/skills, it means you might just turn on accessibility option for one or two areas. Or turn the game to normal after treating the first half of the game as a tutorial.

Hollow knight is the kind of game that is hard to fully understand from just watching an lp and where finding what to cut for a "cutscene only" mode makes little sense. So it really needs the detailed accessibility options that Celeste pioneered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

There is a trick that many people don't know even after finishing the game, that would have come quite in handy during that strange fight against the shardmites.
you can use the dream blade on enemies to recharge soul

And I have literally never heard people calling the bullet tennis mechanic "dead man's volley" before today.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

YggiDee posted:

I don't know how I heckled it up, but I missed Cloth entirely on my playthrough. As for Hollow Knight themed cat names, the obvious choice is Leg-Eater. (Sly, Tiso, Myla, Millibelle, there's a decent selection of NPCs in there)

Gorb

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

You should have reminded nat to use the dream nail more. Because hitting Mirabelle with the dream nail, tells you where she goes for her "vacation".

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

I love using sharp shadow.
But it also increases your dash range a bit, which can make some platforming sequences easier and some more of them a lot more annoying.